Senior Manager - Finance, Disney Networks Financial PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 935716BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 12, 2022
Disney General Entertainment Content (DGE) is home to dynamic storytellers and talented creators and is responsible for developing, producing, and programming exceptional content of unparalleled scale and reach. DGE creates more than 250 programs a year representing over 4,500 hours of programming across Disney’s portfolio of network and streaming platforms, including Disney+, Hulu, ABC Entertainment, ABC News, Disney Channels, FX, Freeform, and National Geographic.
The DMED Networks and DGE Financial Planning Team is responsible for managing the Long-Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and Forecasts for segment-level executive review (e.g. CFO / Chairman) for both DGE and Disney’s domestic television networks. Additionally, the team engages in a variety of analyses across the businesses to provide leaders with an understanding of segment-wide strategy and performance as well as the consolidated advertising revenue, affiliate revenue, programming costs, marketing costs, and SG&A costs. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
- Manage the consolidation of the Long-Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan and Forecasts with a focus on slate/content spend and programming costs
- Prepare presentations and ad hoc analyses and present to senior management
- Analyze forecast information to ensure accuracy, identify trends, and develop key storylines
- Proactively identify, recommend, and drive improvements in existing models and processes
- Manage the forecast process by creating timelines, crafting deliverable requirements, and preparing partner communications
- Build effective partnerships across multiple levels with finance, controllership, and other teams across the organization to facilitate consolidation of forecast data
- Provide Cognos TM1 support both within the team and as needed by partners
- Manage two senior analyst direct reports
- Strategic mind-set with aptitude for thinking broadly both across the team’s work and across a complex set of businesses
- Strong analytical skills with ability to solve complicated business issues with autonomy
- Advanced technical skills with a variety of applications / systems including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus)
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to influence leaders, peers, and partners through building effective and productive relationships
- Proven leadership ability with experience building / managing an inclusive and collaborative team
- Advanced Degree – MBA, Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.