Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 703092BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Sep. 09, 2019
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Entertainment Group, ABC Studios, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company’s equity interests in A&E Television Networks and Hulu round out the Group’s portfolio of media businesses.
The ABC Studios Finance and Planning team manages the overall planning and strategy for ABC Studios and ABC Studios International. The finance and strategy team provides critical financial support and analytics to the ABC Studios and DATG senior management team as well as key business partners across the Walt Disney Company.
The Sr. Manager, Finance (ABC Studios) will interface with Domestic and International Distribution partners, Production Management, Production Finance, Creative and Operational teams for ABC Studios to best support its overall objectives. This individual will build a deep knowledge of the ABC Studios and be seen as a strong partner by the Executive management team and across the broader TWDC and WDT finance organizations. The candidate will also support special projects on an ad-hoc basis. The position requires excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills as well as an acute attention to detail.
This position reports to the Director, ABC Studios Finance & Business Planning
- Financial review, consolidation of the division’s forecasts, annual operating plans and five-year plans
- Review and analyze ultimates for television series, including those with various forms of co-production and joint venture financing arrangements
- Work with UK based team to ensure the accurate reporting of financial data for ABC'S International finance operations, as well as review of greenlight analysis, development and ad hoc requests
- Review and perform economic analyses to support greenlighting, scheduling and other production decisions
- Support team with financial deal terms analysis to improve decision making and profitability
- Develop and retain knowledge and fluency in the business performance and financial drivers to advise on key business planning assumptions & opportunities
- Overhead Planning – Meet with various ABC Studios department heads to plan and maintain their departmental budgets throughout the year
- Create, maintain and report on key business metrics to ensure financial objectives are met
- Prepare presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
- Stay informed and engaged in current landscape of the television industry and proactively explore new trends in the marketplace
- Manage a professional staff of 1 to 3 people, includes supporting the FP&A team to help to resolve issues, offer oversight, motivation and direction of team goals and objectives
- Minimum of 10+ years relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, SAP, BW. Experience with Hyperion is a plus
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to lead and develop a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous work experience in television or feature film FP&A
- Public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.