Senior Manager Gbl Portfolio Mgmt & TransactionsApply NowApply Later Job ID 871732BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 06, 2021
This is a thinking role that is as theoretical as it is transactional. Our group oversees a portfolio that is in the many billions of dollars, and has frequent contact with the most senior executives in the company and the industry. If this sounds like a way you’d like to use your skills and experience, please apply today!
The Global Portfolio Management and Transactions group is aptly named, because that is exactly what we do – manage Disney’s current properties, as well as locate and secure real estate for our continued worldwide expansion. This gives us a unique position in The Walt Disney Company, as we are the only group that touches every corner of the enterprise. Senior management involves us at the genesis of an idea, and the diversity of our portfolio is truly staggering: We have properties in 45 countries, and our projects can range from sourcing a rooftop for a camera antenna to massive, sprawling resort venues. Every day as a Senior Real Estate Account Manager is different. On any given day, you might:
- Meet with an EVP to solve immediate space needs for a business unit;
- Interface with senior Business Unit leaders to advise them on options for future space planning and budgets;
- Create an analysis of market data/intelligence and lay out the status of ongoing acquisitions and dispositions in a way that can be easily understood by people who are not real estate experts;
- Benchmark key initiatives against corporate standards, industry best-practices and similar projects in other Business Units;
- Analyze the merits of choices (owned vs. leased, or rural vs. urban) to meet the needs of a Business Unit such as Lucasfilm or ESPN;
- Collaborate with delivery teams in regions around the world to assemble and reconcile all information needed to justify business decisions, and ensure that portfolio strategies and business objectives are aligned;
- Assist a Business Unit such as ESPN, Marvel or Disneyland identify and prioritize opportunities to improve their portfolios, and assemble plans for future development;
- Manage Business Unit projects, leveraging the contributions of both internal and external partners to solve complex problems and create executable real estate strategies;
- Assist the Portfolio Management team by providing planning assumptions for annual/long-term budgets and for reporting requirements such as 10K report, and 5-year Plans;
- Research land and space options in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia/Pacific for projects that range from Parks and Resorts, to soundstages and film studios, to satellite antenna farms, to urban office space;
- Interact with Portfolio Management team to develop external benchmarking efforts to establish performance metrics and organizational performance targets;
- Work with transactional brokers on acquisitions on everything from a soundstage in London to warehouse space in Shanghai;
- Finalize leases with legal departments;
- Develop strategies to formulate decision trees on critical dates, and evaluate the pros-and-cons of items such as early termination notices;
- Work with municipalities and public entities, such as negotiating hangar space with an airport to house Disney’s fleet;
- Experience the fun of working for The Walt Disney Company, including film screenings, TV show tapings, and visits to our Parks with your gate pass!
- Must have current/prior commercial real estate experience in the California/LA Metro area.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience, including transaction management, brokerage, strategy development and/or client services;
- Experienced gained from work in finance and/or corporate real estate;
- Strong problem solving skills and real attention to detail;
- Excellent communications skills, including effective in-person presentation skills and ability to write concise, cogent documents that are accurate and professional, yet speak in layman’s terms for a broader corporate audience;
- Savvy and “EQ” to work with a product – real estate – that can often evoke strong emotions among senior leaders;
- Finesse, tact and understanding of corporate politics to be able to say “no” without ruffling feathers;
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations on multi-variable, nuanced issues such as business needs, long-term space planning, and macro market trends;
- Balance the strategic and tactical elements of transactions;
- Work comfortably on both large and smaller-scale initiatives;
- Approach projects from a customer-service lens, with an ability to outline Business Unit requirements in the context of corporate standards and governance.
- Polish and poise to interact comfortably with senior executives from around the world, and represent The Walt Disney Company as a front-of-house executive;
- Create accurate, visually attractive, compelling presentations for an executive audience;
- Facility organizing, tracking and managing large carried sets of data;
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software, with particularly deep skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
Required EducationA BA or a BS degree in a related field is required.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.