Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Global AuditApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678210BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jun. 18, 2019
Job Summary:Responsible for leading all external and internal Global Distribution audits and overseeing the team responsible for execution of audits.
- Oversee the strategy and execution of all global sales audits to generate additional film rental
- Manage relationships with key sales stakeholders and exhibitors to resolve any issues with audits
- Manage settlement negotiations with circuits under audit
- Act as lead partner with external auditing law firm Sargoy, Stein, Rosen and Shapiro
- Lead internal exhibitor audits to increase level of additional film rentals
- Collaborate with sales team to create strategy for negotiations, discussion documents, and settlements
- Partner with WDSMP Sales and Cash Department to ensure proper application and collection of monies from all audits
- Oversee interactions, data requests, payment notifications, audit preparation and communication for external auditing law firm
- Expand auditing to include VPF integrators on a global scale
- Communicate status of audits, negotiations and strategy to upper management
- Oversee Senior Auditors
- Interacts with finance team with regard to settlement forecasts and payment schedules
- Interacts with marketing team on marketing consideration as part of settlements
- Key audit liaison with in-house legal team and external auditors
- As needed, collaborate with WDSMP Sales and A/R department to create settlement scales and assist in film rental applications.
- 7-9 years’ relevant Finance /Accounting experience or equivalent work experience within the film distribution industry
- Excellent math and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Applies strong interpersonal skills in daily work activities
- Multi-tasks by switching smoothly from one project to another
- Expresses written or verbal ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing and organized way
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel, Outlook) and SAP
- Know how or where to obtain information; is resourceful
- Collaborates across function and finds common ground with various groups and individuals
- Analyzes problems effectively and takes action to resolve issues
- Supports productivity and moral of the team
- 3 years’ experience at a top 10 accounting firm as a Senior Auditor or corporate accountant
- Experience leading others
- Education with a motion picture studio or theatre chain is a plus, but not required
- Passed CPA exam, or international equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting other business field of study, including NABSA foreign education equivalent
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Non-Theatrical, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Buena Vista Non-Theatrical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.