Senior Manager Infosec Security Architecture
Burbank, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 784009BR Location Burbank, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
- Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
- Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
- Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
- Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
The Streaming Services organization is a part of the Disney Media, Entertainment, and Distribution segment of The Walt Disney Company. The Streaming Service Information Security team is tasked with ensuring the security of our streaming platforms and products as well as the consumers of our products. In order to support the rapid and massive growth of our steaming business, The Streaming Services Information Security team offers versatile and agile security services to our technology partners that align with the innovative, fast-paced culture of the technology teams we support. The Streaming Services Information Security team, partners with streaming technology stakeholders, Global Information Security colleagues, and cross-functional information security counterparts to protect the wide range of streaming products and the consumers of those products on behalf of the TWDC enterprise.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities of the Streaming Services Infosec Team include:
- Security architecture and design reviews
- Threat modeling
- Automated and manual secure code reviews
- Consumer identity and data protection
- Risk management services
- Control assurance and testing services
- Compliance and policy engagements
- Offensive security services
- Security engineering and tooling
- Partnering with technology teams to ensure proper implementation of security control
- Evaluating security tooling and costs associated with tools
- Third party and partner security engagements
- Compliance; management audit, SOX, PCI
- Documenting internal processes and identifying KPIs to effectively measure program performance.
- Security operations
- Incident Response
Responsibilities of the Role:
The Sr. Manager; Information Security Architecture role will be primarily responsible for leading, defining, and executing the strategy of the Security Architecture domain within the Streaming Services organization. The successful candidate must possess skills to actively engage with techonology teams and maintain strong working relationships with our technology partners. The successful candidate will possess strong technical skills that align with the streaming technology stack as well as a strong ability to effectively manage direct reports, resource allocation and prioritization, budgets, and key performance indicators.
- Oversee, engage, and execute security architecture and design reviews that are in alignment to a chosen framework.
- Perform threat modeling and threat assessment engagements with technical teams.
- Partner with technical teams to assist in security control design and implementation.
- Produce artifacts and deliverables that inform the enterprise of areas of risk.
- Host regular, standing meetings with technical development teams to discuss technical roadmap items and drive technical security discussion.
- Participate in executive level, strategic planning and roadmap discussions.
- Manage team resources to ensure target dates are met for critical deliverables.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators to demonstrate performance of Security Architecture program.
- Encourage team members to operate and execute in a way that aligns with the core values of the Streaming Services organization.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage ambiguity in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment and culture.
- Influence executive leaders, infosec team leaders, and direct reports to drive positive change that provides value to the enterprise.
- Support executive leadership by providing data and metrics related to program risks and performance.
- Support high-profile events when needed. Ie, new product launches, high profile content premieres.
- Contribute and provide feedback to infosec process improvements.
- Liase with counterparts across the TWDC enterprise to ensure streaming alignment with enterprise strategy.
Basic Qualifications:Work Experience
Skills / Specialized Knowledge/ Competencies
- AWS services and architecture
- Nix based systems
- Containers – AWS Fargate, ECS
- Cisco networking hardware
- Zero-trust environments
- CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins/artifactory/ECR,Terraform)
- Content Delivery Networks
- Programming background in below languages
- Amazon web services
- Program/process management skills
- Executive level communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly
- Preferred qualifications include CISSP, CISM, CISA or equivalent
- BA/BS in business or computer science or appropriate work experience
- Masters or other advanced degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.