Senior Manager, Marketing Engagement & Experiential (Freeform)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 897840BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Freeform Date posted Dec. 14, 2021
The Senior Manager, Marketing Engagement and Experiential will work with the Executive Director of Marketing Engagement and Experiential on strategic development and implementation of Freeform’s marketing initiatives for individual television series as well as key stunts to increase brand awareness and drive tune-in. This includes but is not limited to bespoke experiential activations, events at pop culture events throughout the year such as Comic Con, SXSW, Tribeca TV festival, etc., developing buzzy brand and series partnerships with cross promotional opportunities as well as Influencer Initiatives. The position will also be responsible for priority series launches including marketing tactics, screenings, premieres, and pop-up experiences. Must be able to thrive under pressure and manage many deadlines at once.
- Support Executive Director with all brand, strategy and execution needs
- Strategically approach each campaign and bring innovative ideas to push the brand forward while engaging our audience
- Oversee project management and assign roles and responsibilities, budgets and timelines that clearly define goals and expectations
- Provide 360 event/partnership management from ideation to agency briefing to real time development of experiential and partnership activations nationally and locally as well as onsite
- Manage members of individual event/Influencer project teams consisting of: agencies, freelancers and internal team members
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with other teams/brands, expanding our reach and delivering value to the attendee/consumer
- Manage aesthetic oversight; evaluate and suggest creative, art and copy pertaining to event activations
- Oversee event production in tandem with Executive Director and production partners onsite to ensure the event vision gets produced as planned
- Present key dates, action items, and updates regularly in stakeholder meetings to ensure information is shared and timelines are met
- Manage project budgets including the ability to develop accurate cost estimates as well as overseeing vendor setup/invoices from external vendors
- Oversee project recaps to be shared with key executives at the end of each event/marketing tactic
- Manage Influencer campaigns from briefing the agency to overseeing direct outreach and approvals
- Approve all paid Influencer posts ensuring proper tune-in and tagging for individual series and stunts
- Ideate and lead execution of marketing tactics while working closely with the marketing strategy team, always ensuring the marketing point of view is advocated for and represented in the final deliverable
- Maintain a current working knowledge of relevant competitive and category landscape
- Monitor industry trends, competitive landscape, social media, and device landscape to inform all existing ideas and/or inspire the development of new experiences
- 6+ years of work experience with at least three years marketing or experiential experience, preferably network and/or related client side
- Experiential/Influencer agency experience a plus
- Willingness to travel to events as needed and for extended hours/weekends
- Excellent project management skills and ability to see, and proactively move forward with next steps
- Ability to work well within highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams across various departments
- Strong creative instincts and judgement
- Ability to interpret direction and take ownership of assignments to completion
- Must work well under deadline pressure and exhibit ability to be a team player
- B.A. or B.S. in Marketing, Television, Communications or another related field
- Relevant work experience will also be considered
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Freeform.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.