Senior Manager, Organization DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 833173BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 17, 2021
DMED’s Organization & Talent Solutions team is an interdependent team focused on talent and succession planning, performance management, career development, people insights, team effectiveness and organization development. We are on a mission to work with leaders across our diverse set of businesses to help make DMED a great place to work and create opportunities that enable people to develop their careers, grow and thrive in a dynamic and enriching environment.
This role will act as a strategic consultant and partner with senior leadership and HR to develop holistic and inclusive strategies that help advance the business and deliver results. They will help solve complex organizational challenges and engage in work such as organization assessments, strategy definition, organization design, change and transition management, organizational culture and values, ensure alignment of talent and succession planning and leadership development. In addition to providing consulting services, this role will be instrumental in the creation of organizational development consulting practices, methodologies, tools and training to our DMED HR community.
- Work with senior leaders and key executives to identify, define, and advance both short and long-term goals of a line of business, function, and/or business segment.
- OD services such as organization assessment, strategy development organization design, process design, change and transition management, and culture transformation.
- Develop strategies that advance organization effectiveness and organizational health and performance across a diverse set of stakeholders and geographies.
- Ensure effective contracting with clear goal and role clarity of senior leader, HR and OD across the lifecycle of the project, and develop clear methods for sustainment of results.
- Effectively adapt consulting style and approach to the culture of each business unit and share mindset, skills and tools with HR and senior leadership to ensure sustainment.
- Lead role clarity initiatives across multiple senior level stakeholder groups, including the alignment between leaders, teams, and individuals.
- Facilitate change planning workshops to enable transition from current to future state, including the design, development, and delivery of communication & change plans.
- Work closely with HR teams on strategies that maximize employee engagement and enablement and facilitate a culture that maximizes employee satisfaction.
- Continually develop business acumen and apply organizational knowledge in order to address complex and systemic business and organizational challenges.
- Collaborate with HR, senior leadership, leadership teams, functional partners, COEs, and external contractors or consultants (as required).
- Build trust and collaborate with teams in a global and virtual environment, and partner effectively with HR and OD leaders across the company.
- Build organization development consulting practice methods, tools, and transfer knowledge and skills to the HR community.
- Minimum 10 years of organization development or equivalent experience
- Strong consulting and presentation skills with executive presence
- Practical, action-oriented mind-set that thrives in dynamic fast-paced environment
- Able to take multiple and complex inputs and concepts and distill into simple, relevant and executable strategies that are relevant, pragmatic, and drive impact
- Ability to customize solutions to the context and needs of the client/organization
- Ability to think strategically and synthesize complex business issues
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not have a clear process
- Resolves conflict quickly and is part of creating an environment of constructive collaboration
- Possesses strong initiative and applies an entrepreneurial mindset to identify opportunities for meaningful work and sells it in a way that creates excitement and buy-in
- Develops new ideas, seeing issues from multiple angles, acting with a sense of curiosity and urgency and contributes to a culture of continuous improvement
- Leverage project management and leadership skills to facilitate complex work and maintain stakeholder alignment, project plans and timelines
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners across many groups and geographies
- Deep understanding of industry standards, best practices, and trends related to organization development
- Experience within the Entertainment or Media industry
- M&A experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources, Industrial/Org Psychology, Organization Development, Business Administration or related field
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.