Senior Manager, Partnership MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 854956BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
Responsibilities:The Sr Manager, Partnership Marketing is responsible for creating, implementing and managing external corporate partnerships, alliances and sponsorships across all of Disney Music Group’s content -- talent signed to the Hollywood Records label and Soundtracks/Products attached to our Studio Films, company TV properties and legendary Disney Music Catalog. This role reports directly to the Director, Partnership Marketing & Synergy, and is responsible for the following:
- Pitch, manage, and execute Corporate Alliance campaigns delivering results that exceed partner expectations
- Seek out, identify, and create new external business partnerships with the goal of both driving new revenue and generating promotional exposure
- Maintain ongoing relationships and communications with identified Disney-branded Synergy partners to develop initiatives that are mutually beneficial in driving DMG priorities as well as partner priorities
- Identify and pursue new, innovative opportunities to promote Disney-branded priority playlist by partnering with both internal and external partners/companies/retailers
- Deliver upon goals and impressions metrics as set-forth by VP, Marketing
- Manage campaign execution from start to finish by aligning all involved parties
- Work on marketing campaigns and partnerships for Disney-branded playlists, podcasts, and Disney Music Emporium.
- Help to manage Disney Music Group participation in Company-events such as D23 Expo and Destination D.
- Integrate necessary internal department participation into campaign execution – Promotion, Sales, PR, A&R, Production, Creative, Digital, etc.
- Work closely with DMG Business Affairs to manage legal contracts pertaining to marketing/promotional campaigns
- Manage and develop budgets for projects
- Work and brainstorm with Partnership team to develop new ideas and opportunities for DMG partnerships
- Manage partnership activation and events off-site (occasionally after hours, and on weekends)
- Liaise with artist/management reps to execute campaigns and understand artist goals of working with specific brand categories
- Communicate and maintain profile with external partners like promotion, PR, media, marketing, and advertising agencies for partnership opportunities
- Develop assets for meetings and pitches in a timely manner including but not limited to pitch-decks, one-sheets and presentations
- Continually evaluate competitors and industry trends
- Minimum of 8 years of Marketing/Promotion/Partnership background – direct experience in campaign/project creation and execution
- Proven success building and maintaining productive partner relationships, ideally within the brand and agency worlds
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills – diplomacy and interpersonal skills are a necessity
- Ability to approach projects and conversations in a manner that is quintessentially Disney
- Ability to travel as needed to manage/execute campaigns
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time
- Position is based in our Burbank, CA
- Preferred experience working at The Walt Disney Company
- Preferred ability to develop pitch decks and other assets in Keynote
- Direct “Music Industry” experience is a strong positive, but not mandatory.
- High School Diploma with equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.