Senior Manager, Production Crew RecruitingApply NowApply Later Job ID 879051BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 27, 2022
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader who is connected to diverse communities of production talent and has a solid reputation for finding great production crew. This individual will partner with our Studio production executives across Disney Live Action, Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures to develop effective recruitment and sourcing strategies to support the ongoing hiring of production Heads of Department to staff our global productions. You’ll be responsible for developing an extensive knowledge of the physical production industry and crew, building relationships with diverse organizations within the industry, developing pipelines of top, diverse talent, utilizing and building talent databases and tracking crew availability, while providing input into production trends. This role is at the forefront of building and leading a team of individuals to support our production leaders.
Success in this role will come from being highly organized, curious, effective written and verbal communication, initiative and a strong sense of urgency. Our team members are collaborative, partnering directly with production leaders and the crew experience and HR team daily. This is a fast paced environment where we work hard, have fun and welcome innovation. If you're passionate about building diverse teams, networking, and creative problem solving in the competitive landscape of the production business, we'd love to hear from you!
- Develop an overall talent strategy for moving the needle on increasing representation across all aspects of production
- Work with production executives and filmmakers to find strong, diverse heads of departments and crew to work on our feature films and series across the globe
- Lead a team of collaborative, high performing individuals who are passionate about diversity and building relationships
- Partner with production leaders to understand the skills and experience required for each individual shows and role
- Leverage existing databases to create effective tools for production leaders to use to find the right crew at the right time
- Proactively understand the industry, and work with production leaders to impact hiring of key crew members
- Develop strategies to source, attract, and pipeline high-quality production talent to support of our production across all studio labels (Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Disney Live Action, 20th Century Studios and Searchlight)
- Manage, prioritize, and close critical searches against tight timelines
- Create metrics to track progress and report to both internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years' of Film or TV production experience
- Diversity and/or community partnership experience
- Talent acquisition experience or experience crewing up productions
- Experience sourcing and identifying talent at all levels in a variety of functions, preferably production and VFX
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and client relationships simultaneously
- Experience working within a talent database
- Ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between talent and production leaders
- Comfortable with networking, cold calling, systematic in approach, and fast activations
- A track record of demonstrating a strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability
- Experience using social media tools for talent sourcing efforts including but not limited to LinkedIn Recruiter, Twitter, Facebook, blogs etc.
- Proven ability to support/interact with senior-level management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.