Senior Manager - Production FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734770BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Dec. 20, 2019
Walt Disney Television manages Fox 21 Television Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Television, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Studios, Nat Geo, FX, Radio Disney, and Freeform as well as the company's equity interests in Lifetime, A&E and The History Channel.
Disney Channels Worldwide and Freeform Production Finance Department is responsible for the financial management of all of our television series, MOW’s, pilots and specials. We interact with many other Disney departments on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the financial management and administration of both internal and external facets of development and production for original, licensed, and acquired network programming.
- Coordinate and manage pre-production finance and accounting inclusive of budget review, corporation set up, greenlight approvals, pre-buy of foreign currency, payroll/accounting systems set up, and production cash flow.
- Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
- Closely monitor the production progress to ensure swift financial issue resolution.
- Provide financial support to Production Executives.
- Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for selecting and engaging freelance production accountants.
- Manage tax incentive process, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, etc.
- Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger.
- Manage and review post production accounting functions with contracted firms.
- Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration.
- Coordination of Affordable Care Act for eligible production employees.
- Plan and perform production cost verification and operational audits.
- Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in television or feature film production accounting is required.
- In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
- Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
- Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
- Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a corporate environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL3, Movie Magic, and Vista/GV.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.