Senior Manager Production SafetyApply NowApply Later Job ID 775520BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 26, 2021
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) program development and maintenance for TWDC operations on Production Safety
- Conduct on-going collection, review, and analysis of production injury and illness data.
- Assist with worker’s compensation claims management.
- Conduct technical scouting for venue safety and health criteria.
- Manage hazardous waste compliance programs.
- Work closely with productions and other EHS Managers or Production Safety Specialists to ensure that the application of EHS processes and systems are effective.
- Participate in production-related incident and accident investigations to determine root-cause and ensure identified issues are addressed.
- Support productions in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS regulations for production activities on sound stages and television studio, on location, and any other venues, as required.
- Maintain departmental safety and personal protective equipment inventory and distribution tracking.
- Interface effectively with outside agencies.
- Participate in reviewing and upgrading existing EHS programs and creating new programs.
- Compliance with regulatory statutes, employee wellbeing and brand protection
- Advisor for COVID H&S Managers in the areas of Industrial Hygiene and Safety.
- Provides guidance in regular meetings with H&S Managers as well as addressing acute issues as they arise.
- Ensure COVID regulatory and Company policy compliance.
- Environmental Compliance - Maintain environmental permits, coordinating site inspections and providing technical reports for air quality, underground fuel storage, generator equipment, water discharge (storm drains and sanitary), hazardous waste and medical waste accumulation/disposal to regional and federal governmental agencies. Partner with Corporate Legal to address environmental matters
- Responsible for implementing programs at the business unit and corporate levels. Track and maintain records in a repository within Risk Management.
- Maintain compliance with statutory requirements both domestically and internationally. Protect brand reputation as a good citizen and responsible operator within communities.
- Assist with Environmental Health and Safety Subject Matter for West Coast Operations.
- Provide consultation for Safety and Industrial Hygiene programs as they apply to Corporate Real Estate East Coast Operations team.
- Regulatory compliance and TWDC’s safety program support
- 5 years of experience in Production Safety and/or Safety arena
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Considered a subject matter expert in safety and industrial hygiene
- MS Office familiar
- Management experience
- Proven team builder
- Management of projects over $10,000
- Experience with asbestos abatement projects
- Experience with lead abatement projects
- Experience using direct read air sampling devices
- Ability to travel
- OSHA record keeping experience
- 10 years of experience in Productions Safety/and/or Safety arena
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or equivalent
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
- NYC Asbestos Inspector
- Corporate or Divisional management experience
- Public speaking experience
- Peer reviewed published works
- Management of projects over $500,000
- Claims management experience
- Entertainment industry experience
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree
Preferred EducationGraduate Degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.