Senior Manager, Quality AssuranceApply NowApply Later Job ID 869831BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
Disney Digital Studio Services provides on-lot technical and creative services at the Walt Disney Studios. Our mission is to help our colleagues and filmmakers master the challenges and complexities of today's digital production, post-production, marketing and distribution workflows.
Disney Digital Studio Services has an immediate need for a Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance on our Quality Assurance & Strategic Operations team.
Responsible for managing Media Strategic Operations and Quality Assurance teams.
The Strategic Operations team is responsible for defining and documenting facility best practices, research and development of new workflows and partnering with technology groups to develop and deploy system solutions and process improvements to positively effect throughput, quality and efficiency.
The Quality Assurance team is responsible for performing quality control reviews on studio produced content and oversight of QC management and metrics for the studio.
Through effective management of these teams the job holder will yield significant process improvement, build consensus, adopt system solutions, increase throughput and accuracy, and drive executive initiatives through the facility and studio. In this role the Sr. Manager of Strategic Operations will work with the managers of Digital Studio lines of business to gather requirements and understand process improvements that will yield higher throughput while maintaining the high standards of quality and customer service that our partners have come to expect from the Digital Studio. This role will also play a key part in identifying and enabling opportunities to merge workflows between the Video and Sound mastering teams.
When a process has been reviewed and vetted by the Strategic Operations team, it will be handed off to facility Lead Digital Operators for final vetting before deployment to day-to-day production.
If you have an entrepreneurial drive, a winning attitude, and would enjoy working for a fun and adventurous company, please apply via www.disneycareers.com. The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Supervise and execute strategy for facility process for order management, manufacturing process and quality control
- Manage R&D of new workflows and technology by setting and hitting deadlines and budgets.
- Partner with Technology and Development teams to improve first delivery of technology solutions implemented for the facility
- Develop annual budget and schedule for facility order management and QA system, “EVE” and present to executive leadership for review.
- Track metrics associated with Quality Control performance to identify gaps in process and solutions to remediate procedures. This may include additional checks or updates to technology utilized in Quality Control reviews.
- Provide feedback to executive leadership on the effectiveness of current workflows. Present plans for how we can effect change to improve performance, quality and throughput
- Work with clients, filmmakers and Digital Studio line of business Managers to provide feedback/direction on new requirements
- Work with Studio Ops Mastering Program Management team to support their initiatives and evolving process.
- Prepare data supported reports and business process recommendations to senior management.
- Manage and provide media requirements to company Asset Management platforms for storage, distribution and delivery of content to/from the facility
- Recruit, train and develop staff as required
- As a manager of personnel, it is this position’s responsibility to provide training and leadership to put staff members in a position to be successful within their job’s requirements
- 7 years’ experience in relevant fields, with 3-5 years’ experience managing a team
- Familiarity with Mastering, Quality Control and Transcoding systems. Examples are:
- Colorfront Transkoder
- Rohde & Schwarz Clipster
- Telestream Vantage
- GrayMeta Iris
- Tektronix Scopes
- Forensic Watermarking systems
- Understanding of cloud agnostic media workflow
- Experience working with software developers and understanding of sprint planning models
- Ability to prepare and execute project plans, map out workflows and analyze process
- Managing team members to hit deadlines and produce results
- Work independently as well as take direction from others
- Earn the trust and respect of colleagues, partners, and customers
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Build relationships that advance the goals of the team
- Treat others with respect
- Support change and an environment of continuous improvement
- Deliver timely, high quality work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film Studies, Business Administration, Technology or applicable studies
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.