Senior Manager, Rights In FilmApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762773BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 29, 2020
- Enter preliminary and confirmed rights for film content into relevant systems, including reviewing entry by Content Owners
- Confirm U.S. premiere dates, cast, GBO, etc., for film content and enter such information into applicable system
- Liaise with Production Business & Legal Affairs to track film content in development and communicate status of distribution and music rights, including restrictions and holdbacks
- Disseminate preliminary and confirmed rights info and changes to rights info to sales and other relevant teams
- Compile high volumes of material data sets in Excel, and map, migrate and validate data sets in Rightsline
- Interact with senior executives on a frequent basis in sales, legal, finance and accounting
- 3+ years of experience in rights management or contract administration at a Major Studio, including ingestion of rights for various types of content for various medias
- Comprehensive understanding of underlying distribution rights and music rights required
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Rightsline platform
- Advanced Excel skills, including experience with data manipulation and formulas (date functions, v-lookup, pivot tables)
- Legal/Paralegal background
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.