Senior Manager, Standards and Practices – ABC ScriptedApply NowApply Later Job ID 862389BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 11, 2021
- Read original story areas, outlines, scripts, storyboards, and other materials
- Attend table reads, run-throughs, and tapings
- Review acquired series and movies and oversee editing process
- Screen rough and final cuts for original material as well as those in development, and acquired programs and movies
- Review promos and synergy spots and related materials
- Provide detailed written and verbal notes to creative executives and production staffs
- Negotiate to ensure compliance with S&P guidelines
- Assign parental guidelines / TV ratings
- May occasionally include coverage of a delay button for live programs
- Oversee select functions/subject areas of the department
- Train and supervise direct reports at the manager level and below
- Other projects as assigned by the Director and VP
- Position oversees one or more direct reports at the Manager level and below
- Minimum 8-10 years in television standards and practices or a related function
- Minimum five years’ experience managing multiple direct reports
- Background must include exposure to network standards and practices
- Exposure to online/streaming services
- Must have extensive knowledge of broadcast television, FCC regulations, and related policy issues
- Must have strong project management skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership experience strongly preferred
- College degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.