Senior Manager, Strategy and Business Planning, FF and Onyx CollectiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 875859BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 01, 2021
This role will work closely with Freeform’s Programming and Research teams in order to manage and evaluate strategic, financial and operational initiatives for the network. In addition, the Sr. Manager will conduct research, modeling and analysis to support new and existing business opportunities. Through partnerships with key stakeholders your work will include: performing strategic and financial analyses, decision support, analyzing new business initiatives. By providing project management and high-quality, thoughtful insights, the Sr. Manager plays an integral role in supporting the short-term and long-term financial success of this billion dollar business. This role works closely with Freeform and Onyx Collective leadership, and the individual must be an excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to senior executives and stakeholders across TWDC.
- Help drive the Annual Operating Plan and the Five Year Strategic Plan; evaluate Freeform’s short and long term business and investment strategy
- Partner with Programming teams to evaluate optimal content strategies for the network
- Provide modeling and analysis to support programming greenlight decisions for original programming for FF and Onyx and content acquisitions for FF (series and movies)
- Partner with key executives to research, model, and evaluate on a variety of strategic projects and initiatives for the network
- Develop and communicate presentation materials and detailed reports for FF and Onyx senior leadership
- Monitor industry trends and interpret the strategic implications for the business
- Minimum of 7 years of prior experience in quantitative roles, with management consultancy, investment bank or strategy background preferably in a media and entertainment company
- MBA from a top-tier business school preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.