Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager - StrategyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 677083BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jun. 10, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Television Studios (DTS) is an industry leading combination of 3 prolific suppliers of television content – 20th Century Fox Television, ABC Studios and Fox 21 Television Studios. DTS programs over 70 series across more than 15 broadcast, cable, and streaming platforms, including long-running and acclaimed series: The Simpsons, This Is Us, Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy, Homeland, Family Guy, and American Crime Story.
The Senior Manager of Strategy will play a critical role in driving financial analyses, content and talent valuations, strategic planning, and various operational and growth initiatives. The role will span all Disney Television Studios business units, but primarily support ABC Studios.
The individual will collaborate closely with executives throughout the organization and act as a key contact for ABC Studios Strategy & Finance efforts. A successful candidate will possess a strong combination of hard and soft skills.
- Perform deal analyses and modeling around content strategy, talent valuations, and licensing structures across various platforms (Broadcast, Cable, and OTT)
- Analyze the financial impact of strategic decisions, evolving business models, and special projects
- Drive the Long Range Plan for ABC Studios
- Support the DTS Annual Operating Plan process, largely through the creation of management presentations
- Identify and highlight financial and operating drivers to management
- Develop relationships and partner with stakeholders from within the studio business (Business Affairs, Accounting, Production Finance, Production, Creative), as well as, across the Disney organization (WDT Strategy and Planning)
- Independently execute ad-hoc projects and analyses from end-to-end
- Develop and track key operating metrics. Potential projects may include: production cost optimization, utilization of talent deals, etc
- Help develop and mentor a junior-level executive
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced organization; minimum 4 years in media and entertainment, finance, strategy, strategic planning, consulting, and/or investment banking
- Hands-on, team player with the ability to both work independently as well as in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to thrive under pressure, work with ambiguity and complexity, manage competing priorities, often with minimal direction
- Ability to interface and build relationships with diverse stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Superior financial modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable as the business need changes
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape
- Genuine interest in Television a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or analytical discipline
- MBA preferred
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.