Senior Manager, Visual EffectsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746338BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Feb. 05, 2020
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Marvel is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
The Senior Manager, Visual Effects will act as direct support on feature and streaming productions and will work with multiple teams among Marvel Studios, Disney, and outside vendors. He/she will be responsible for managing show set-up, training teams, scheduling, developing database and technology pipelines, as well organizing digital and physical assets.
Responsibilities:Show Set-Up and Wrap:
- Support the creation of best practices policies and promote their implementation with the VFX and Stereo teams.
- Update and maintain Marvel’s VFX Confluence page.
- Implement and promote wrap procedures with the VFX and Stereo teams.
- Work with the Production Technology department to create VFX workflow / pipelines designed for the needs of each production.
- Help develop and builds upon tools, templates, and databases to standardize and centralize department information.
- Coordinate between the creative marketing teams, VFX/Stereo productions, and technical operations to assist in the delivery of marketing pieces.
Franchise and Publicity:
- Work with publicity team to facilitate interviews of VFX crew, submit VFX awards, and manage the publicity request process with the productions and VFX vendors.
Digital Asset Management:
- Coordinate with the Digital Asset Management department to answer VFX questions and offer support for archived projects.
- Manage database to track the status and location of all VFX physical assets.
- Assist each production in receiving all requested VFX physical assets.
- Assess condition of VFX physical assets to determine when items need to be decommissioned and re-purchased.
- Insure all VFX physical assets are serviced and in good working order.
- Act as liaison to productions regarding space management, parking, structural changes, and issues.
- Schedule meetings with Producers, Supervisors, Directors, Senior Level Executives, and outside Vendors as requested.
- Prioritize & coordinate calendars.
- Ensure VFX Executives have prep time for critical projects & meetings.
- Assists with video conferencing and VFX reviews.
- Process drive-ons and walk-ons for visitors.
- Organize meetings, on-site visits, and demos with VFX vendors, freelance production crew, and technology companies to maintain and expand department relationships throughout the industry.
- Work with VFX Executives, on continuing to evolve databases for the best use by current productions as well as for the purpose of historical production archive and analysis.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in Visual Effects.
- Computer Skills: Mac skills required; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Filemaker, Cinesync Pro, and Shotgun. Experience with Signiant and 5th Kind is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Visual Effects/Post Production and understanding of technical terms and processes required.
- College degree preferred.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.