Senior Paralegal - Ad SalesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 744526BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 04, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) division is a new, global business segment for TWDC with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+, and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney’s international media businesses (including Freeform, Disney Channels Worldwide (Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD) and FX), DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
DTCI Legal is part of the Legal Department of TWDC and provides legal advice to DTCI and other businesses of TWDC regarding advertising and sponsorship, marketing, digital products, technology, and content distribution.
The Senior Paralegal –– DTCI Legal Ad Sales will provide legal support and assistance to the division’s Principal Counsel in relation to all aspects of ad sales, including integrated content for Freeform, Disney Channels Worldwide (Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD) and FX . This role will report to the division’s Principal Counsel.
- Review, negotiate and draft advertising, promotions and vendor agreements, including, but not limited to, sweepstakes/contests, talent, sponsorships, location and production.
- Review ad sales materials and related on-air spots.
- Perform rights research and clearances.
- Provide data entry and document assembly, management and access services across the division, assist with developing and maintaining division policies and procedures
- Perform other paralegal duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in the advertising industry, preferably with a cable television network, drafting advertising, or promotions agreements and sweepstakes and contest rules and materials.
- Familiarity with advertising and promotions issues. .
- Transactional experience at a top television production or advertising law firm a plus.
- Must be a team player, self-starter and skilled in spotting issues and drafting legal documents.
- Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task within a challenging, fast-paced, results-oriented environment, all while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Proven strong PC skills to include Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong drafting, organizational and time management skills.
- A positive “can-do” attitude and good people skills.
- Works well under pressure and is accommodating of clients’ deadlines.
- Responsible, meets deadlines, and facilitates creative solutions to frequent novel legal matters.
- Understands business and legal affairs needs and concerns.
- Excellent ‘win/win’ negotiation skills.
- A dynamic, passionate and charismatic professional with confidence and an unwavering tenacity and drive to meet client needs.
- Detail oriented team player that pitches in when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.