Senior Paralegal, Digital Media AntipiracyApply NowApply Later Job ID 945455BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 24, 2022
- Conduct online investigations and other research;
- Analyze fact patterns;
- Conduct rights-clearance checks;
- Prepare, review and finalize infringement notices to user-generated content/social media platforms;
- Conduct vendor and piracy site reviews;
- Provide support with antipiracy enforcement work, including VOD and live event enforcement, search engine enforcement, document collection, gathering of copyright and trademark registrations, and maintenance of information databases;
- Review film, television and live sports release schedules and corresponding copyright and trademark certificates;
- Prepare reports and presentations, including PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets, for Digital Antipiracy team and Disney executives; and
- Organize electronic document management system.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a law firm or in-house legal department;
- Strong proficiency with internet research and navigation, user-generated content/social media platforms, as well as with standard office tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Generally tech-savvy and able to learn new skills necessary to keep pace with ever-changing technological and piracy landscapes;
- Professionalism, good judgment and maintenance of absolute confidentiality;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Responsible, resourceful, ability to take initiative, proactive, and a team player;
- Extremely well-organized;
- Attentive to detail and nuance; and
- Positive attitude, including willingness to assist the Digital Antipiracy team when and as needed along with a sense of enjoyment in work well done.
- Experience with copyright and other intellectual property laws;
- Experience with enforcement and fingerprinting processes on user-generated content/social media platforms (e.g., YouTube’s Content Management System and Facebook’s Rights Manager);
- Experience with electronic document management system, such as Net Documents; and
- Experience with LexisNexis and/or Westlaw.
- A Baccalaureate Degree, Paralegal Certificate or equivalent combination of education and experience including experience in a legal environment
- Paralegal certificate preferred.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.