Senior Paralegal (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 774142BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 18, 2021
We are searching for a senior paralegal who has experience with technology/digital agreements, marketing review and clearances, exceptional organizational skills, an unwavering attention to details and deadlines, drafting experience, acumen in legal issue spotting, and constant, effective communication with both internal clients and third parties.
The right candidate will be able to work closely with all levels of legal affairs, client, and business unit executives and related staff.
- Reviewing and providing advice on marketing and promotional materials, including clearances, required legal language, and use of third party logos and creative materials, all within very short time frames.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, amendments and other legal documentation related to technology and operations, such as non-disclosure agreements, software licenses, software/system evaluation agreements, and end-user license agreements.
- Preparing detailed summaries of agreement terms.
- Revising, updating, and maintaining contract templates.
- Proofreading and editing documents.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining the legal shared drive and various departmental charts and databases.
- Identifying best practices, processes, and procedures to achieve departmental efficiencies.
- Helping with special projects, as assigned.
- Must have at least five (5) years of paralegal experience at a reputable law firm or major in-house legal department. Previous in-house experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with marketing materials and/or technology/digital agreements preferred.
- The ability to understand, track, and meet all relevant deadlines, and follow up as appropriate.
- Proven success in marketing review.
- The ability (or desire to learn how) to draft contract language and integrate business issues into contracts.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify and analyze legal issues and devise solutions and strategies.
- Fast learner with excellent client service, including project ownership from start to finish.
- The ability to take the initiative on projects and follow through to completion.
- The ability to multitask in a challenging, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Detail-oriented, with accurate and thorough grammatical, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Conceptual thinker with excellent judgment.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- The ability to take direction and offer relevant solutions, as needed.
- Excellent verbal and listening skills.
- An ability to independently manage one’s workload but to ask for assistance when needed.
- Must be able to hold him/herself and others accountable for results.
- A team play with a positive can-do attitude, especially when faced with challenging assignments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and other office-related software.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or qualification to be a paralegal by certification or education and work experience as set forth by the American Bar Association and any applicable state codes.
- J.D.s will be considered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.