Senior ParalegalApply NowApply Later Job ID 944507BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The position is needed to implement a larger initiative requested and approved by DPEP to address the growing threat of online piracy as well as assist with the multiple needs of an increasing docket of civil litigation, criminal and administrative enforcement matters in the US and abroad, as well as researching and monitoring existing and potential enforcement targets worldwide.
The position is also needed to assist with increasing demands for more particularized reporting on enforcement projects, programs and individual actions.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include evidence management, fact finding, and reporting including, but not limited to:
- Internet and other forms of research re: targets and some legal research
- Documentation of infringements / collection and preservation of evidence including witness interviews and chain-of-custody documents
- Checks to confirm infringements vs. authorized uses, and data / document management using various databases including some proprietary systems as well as phone and email communications with law enforcement and business unit representatives at appropriate levels
- Special assignments may include preparation of reports; exhibit materials for court hearings; and legal documents necessary for enforcement proceedings such as powers of attorney and affidavits
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a reputable law firm or major in-house legal department
- Strong proficiency with internet research and navigation as well as with standard office tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and database functions, especially on the Salesforce platform;
- Generally tech savvy and able to learn new skills necessary to keep pace with an ever-changing piracy landscape;
- Professionalism and maintenance of absolute confidentiality;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, resourceful, flexible, and responsible;
- Extremely well organized and attentive to detail and nuance along with ability and willingness to assist in meticulous maintenance of customized database and electronic and physical records and preparation of reports; and
- Positive attitude, including willingness to assist the entire Antipiracy team when and as needed along with a sense of enjoyment in work well done.
- Experience in litigation with a major firm or top in-house legal department
- Experience in Trademark and Copyright enforcement and/or TM prosecution
- Proficiency in Salesforce platform and facility with all types of internet research; demonstrated ability to deal professionally with sometimes difficult people; encourage calm efficiency and inspire confidence in other people.
- A Baccalaureate Degree, Paralegal Certificate or equivalent combination of education and experience including experience in a legal environment
- Paralegal certificate
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.