Senior ParalegalApply NowApply Later Job ID 930555BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 08, 2022
The Walt Disney Company’s Corporate Legal Department is seeking a Senior Paralegal to join the Copyright Administration Group of the Intellectual Property Group. The role will have exposure to and the opportunity to work with the creative departments that oversee the production of various content for Disney+, Hulu, Star+, Walt Disney Pictures & Animation, Marvel, Lucas, Pixar, ABC, Hollywood Records, and Disney Theatrical Productions and others.
- Register works for copyright and record documents of transfer with the US Copyright Office
- Consult and coordinate with The Walt Disney Company subject matter experts (e.g. business & legal affairs, content security, corporate affairs, piracy, operations, etc.) to secure information, documents, and materials for copyright registration and recordation purposes
- Review production agreements, contracts, license agreements, and production schedules to confirm copyright ownership, chain of title, and first dates of release
- Assist litigation, antipiracy, and trademark groups with enforcement matters including but not limited to preparing reports and researching copyright issues
- Maintain data integrity in the Company’s Copyright & Recordation Database System
- BA/BS degree and an ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate or a Paralegal by education and work experience as set forth by California Business and Profession Code, Section 6450 (c)
- Minimum 6-8 years of significant experience as a paralegal with a minimum of 3 years copyright registration and recordation experience
- Solid understanding of production and licensing agreements and chain of title
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment and act as a resource to colleagues with less experience
- Ability to build interdepartmental relationships at all levels
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with the ability to work independently and accurately under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, diverse, high-priority, and high-volume projects
- Must possess good legal judgment and the ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality and handle sensitive materials properly
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe software, database software, document management software, and Internet research skills
- Ability to recognize and eliminate inefficiencies and promote continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certification or equivalent experience as set forth by California Business and Profession Code, Section 6450 (c)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.