Senior ParalegalApply NowApply Later Job ID 985276BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney Company’s Corporate Legal Department is seeking a Senior Paralegal to assist attorneys with contract drafting, legal research and advising on a variety of corporate and contractual related matters including corporate governance, mergers & acquisitions and global Consumer Payments.
- Assist with all aspects of contract drafting and negotiations.
- Draft and prepare for attorney review a variety of legal documents including governance resolutions, corporate certificates, form agreements and NDAs.
- Review and proof existing agreements and legal documents.
- Manage large scale projects involving subject matter experts and stakeholders across the company.
- Assist in developing presentations and training materials.
- Interface directly with other executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information, remembering that The Walt Disney Company is a publicly traded company.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience as a paralegal in a reputable law firm or major in-house legal department.
- Ability to work independently on complex, high profile and sensitive projects and assignments.
- Experience reviewing and drafting a variety of legal documents.
- Ability to conduct detailed and comprehensive legal research.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a team-based environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with careful attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues.
- Complete reliability handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate or a Paralegal by education and work experience as set forth by California Business and Profession Code, Section 6450(c).
Additional Information:#LegalAffairs, #Corp_media
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.