Senior Platform Engineer
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 731870BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 12, 2019
Job Summary:DDI Operations team holds accountability for the availability and stability of the InfoBlox DDI services. This includes systems in locations such as Data Centers, Metro Area offices, wired & wireless users, 3rd party partners and remote access users.
The DDI Operations Engineer will ensure that we are developing the most appropriate plans for incident recovery, changes, and adherence to configuration standards. The DDI Operations Engineer need to apply his or her deep technical expertise in DNS, DHCP & IP Address Management (IPAM), BIND, Python, Scripting and access policy creation and administration
- Contributor into the development of the DDI Operations Strategy and into supporting organizational strategies
- Accountable for developing and socializing technical solution and process based strategies for functions within defined roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for influencing the strategies of peer organizations ensuring that their strategic plans are in alignment with the technical direction of DDI Operations and/or Strategy and Architecture
- Ensure that all new DDI services are designed to deliver the levels of availability required by the business, and validate the final service design meets operational needs of the business
- Provide technical leadership during major incidents and drive to quickly resolve complex escalated DDI incidents
- Coach team members on a proactive basis, raising the team’s overall technical acumen
- Work with service provider partner to ensure the proper level of technical acumen and quality are executed within the contracted services
- Act as escalation point for DDI Operations Analysts.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices regarding DDI Operations
- Process design thought leader responsible for developing and evolving operational procedures. Examine & document existing processes, evaluate them within the context of availability and maintainability of DDI Services
- Identify areas in need of process documentation and work with the teams to create, document and train the process
- Responsible for development of operational run-books based on industry best practices for improving compliance to engineering standards in the DDI environment, including the audit of existing configurations for quality and compliance
- Identify the need for technical process improvement plans, and work with leader to create and socialize plans; manage all or a portion of the execution of the improvement plan
- 10+ years of experience in technology related fields, with at least 4 years of experience in operationally focused positions
- 5 -10 years of supporting enterprise level, mission critical systems in either a large IT shared services organization or telecom service provider environment
- Proficient level knowledge and understanding of DDI - DNS, DHCP & IP Address Management (IPAM), BIND, Python, Scripting and access policy creation and administration
- Understanding of TCP/IP version 4 & 6 as it relates to DDI support
- Ability to understand fairly complex infrastructure quickly during major incidents and provide technical leadership appropriately
- Good understanding of how IT technology supports the Enterprise and the Business Segments
- Ability to communicate and multi-task under pressure
- ITIL V3 and advanced certification is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills are a must. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at a variety of levels and to communicate intricate technical and procedural matters to both technical and non-technical personnel across diverse cultures
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation
- Ability to be an effective team member and technical leader
- Ability to recognize and embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves
Additional Information:This role is open to applicants in Seattle (WA), Burbank (CA), and Orlando (FL).
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.