Senior Producer, Games & Interactive
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 734524BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 13/01/2020
Job Summary:Kids Digital Media leads the strategy and production of digital products and interactive content supporting the Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD television networks. The DisneyNOW app is the primary home for Disney Channels’ TV shows, live streams, games, activities, second screen and innovative experiences.
The Senior Producer will lead production on multiple games and interactive experiences simultaneously for the DisneyNOW app. These experiences support the Disney Channel networks’ priority properties and franchises. Working with strategies from the Executive Director and Senior Managers, this individual leads all aspects of game and interactive production, including initial brainstorms, vendor selection, creative notes, product integration, QA submission and promotion. This person will fully own projects and work closely with internal stakeholders (i.e. Marketing, Creative, and Engineering) and external partners to deliver innovative, kid-focused interactive content. Short production schedules and tight timelines create a dynamic and collaborative environment. The ideal candidate has a solid blend of both creative and technical skills.
Responsibilities:Own the production for a variety of casual digital games and activities
- Support strategies defined by the senior leadership and network stakeholders to launch and sustain kids’ TV properties in the digital space
- Lead brainstorms, write RFPs, choose vendors and guide creative and technical production through QA, product integration and launch
- Work with Consumer Insights and Product teams to measure, track, and report performance
- Ensure consistency in user experience from a development, brand and marketing/communication perspective for each game and activity
- Partner closely with show creators, network partners and external vendors to brainstorm new second screen experiences, events that tie linear-broadcasts to the app, virtual reality, augmented reality and interactive video to define the overall concept
- Produce and execute the interactive concept for live and on-demand events
- Develop a deep understanding of the consumer needs, trends, competitive landscape, and business models in the kid’s digital entertainment arena and implement this knowledge to build business cases for any opportunities identified in the marketplace.
- 5+ years of experience within the digital media / interactive space
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with fixed timelines
- Project management of complex technical projects with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of basic app technology, casual game mechanics, interactive trends and user experience
- Creative aptitude to apply interactive experiences to kid-focused characters and stories
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.