Senior Product Manager II
Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 862645BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
Job Summary:This position is for a new Sr. Product Manager II focused on Programming and Production Operations business systems. The Sr. Product Manager II assists in providing direction and leadership over the product suite and manages the day-to-day activities including requirements gathering, prioritizing new feature requests, and production support. This position is critical to the continuity of subject matter expertise over the future of consolidated programming systems across all The Walt Disney Company’s media networks.
The Sr. Product Manager II, Media Engineering is responsible for owning one or more products or feature areas within the suite of application supported by DMED Media Engineering. Working with the Director, Product Management, the Sr. Product Manager II is responsible for defining and shaping the product through feature requirements and specifications on an assigned product or feature area and owning those requirements through development, testing and implementation.
• Own the end-to-end lifecycle of various business systems from product definition, requirements, delivery roadmap, and continued business support of the product.
• Drives feature prioritization for his/ her feature area through collaboration with the functional team leaders and user representation
• Identifies unaddressed issues and resolves, escalates, or find the appropriate owner to ensure highest quality for his feature area
• Creates specifications that include detailed descriptions of records, files, and documents used in processing, and data flow charts; documents descriptions of the interrelationship of the business rules to be considered by application development; collaborates with developers to conceive and recommend solutions to business stakeholders
• Proficient knowledge of business systems and supply-chains supported, and be able to make recommendations on product and process improvement for business and technology stakeholders.
• May have access to sensitive financial and program operations information and will be responsible for maintaining confidentiality.
• Uses creativity and analytical thinking to identify and evaluate solution alternatives and to develop recommendations for resolving product issues
• Minimum of 7 years of previous and relevant experience in Product Management or a related discipline
• Demonstrated experience with running complex projects across a matrixed organization
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal guidance on complex issues
• Exemplary communications skills, both written and verbal, at levels of the organization. Ability to communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others to adopt a different point of view
• Experience in AGILE methodology
• Experience in developing requirements for Enterprise applications
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the broadcast media industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited intuition required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited intuition in a technical field or MBA
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.