Senior Product Manager
Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 852582BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 09, 2021
Job Summary:The Senior Product Manager, Commerce, ESPN+ play a pivotal role execution of conversion improvements for ESPN+, our direct-to-consumer subscription experience. The role will be charged with understanding and implementing acquisition solutions for customer conversion across our suite of products including but not limited to, ESPN App on iOS and Android, connected devices and ESPN Fantasy Sports products.
This role work on for all user-facing features including, but not limited to: Payments (eCommerce), funnel creation and optimization, A/B testing UX and UI improvements, and landing page optimizations. This role will work heavily with partners in our Disney Streaming Services division on marketing improvements and creating content marketing vehicles that drive awareness and conversion into an ESPN+ subscription. This role will also manage other assigned areas as required in support of producing the best possible fan experience for all ESPN users.
The candidate must possess a strong data-driven mindset and have experience working on consumer-facing products and conversion funnel optimization for a customer-facing web site or mobile application.
- Play a key role in defining the roadmap for ESPN+
- Product Management: Proactively develop feature ideas to improve products based on business goals and KPIs. Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop detailed product requirements in alignment with overall product team strategy. Collaborate with design/UX, content, and operations teams to execute.
- Execute Projects: Collaborate with internal technology teams to define, design, and deliver on user stories using an Agile Product Development workflow. Launch features within budget and on schedule. Fulfill required project management tasks for products under the Product Manager’s direct responsibility.
- Write and communicate product requirements effectively to developers, designers, and stakeholders.
- Own the product requirements, user flows, experiences and designs.
- Follow market trends to determine new or enhanced product capabilities that positively impact fan experience.
- Balance the priorities of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Responsible for ideating and improving the experience across all screens and environments (Web and App)
- Collect and analyze video data to understand behavioral patterns of our users and use that insight to improve fan experiences and increase engagement on the platform.
- Balance the priorities of a diverse group of stakeholders, while still delivering high quality products in consistent releases.
- Provide transparency and recommendations on project trade-offs, understanding and coordinating dependencies across multiple teams with competing priorities.
- 4+ years of professional experience in a consumer-oriented digital media company with direct Product Management leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge driving product development, preferably on a customer facing mobile app and ideally with accountability for user flow, funnel optimization and retention.
- Demonstrated proficiency in A|B testing, data analysis and analytical thinking, preferably with experience in Omniture, Localytics, Optimizely, or other similar tools.
- High level of comfort communicating with executives inside and outside of ESPN, including strategic partners.
- Familiarity and passion for app development on native platforms (iOS/TVOS, Android, Roku, Chromecast, etc)
- High energy and capable of multi-tasking and context-switching with ease, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Experience with Agile product development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross organizationally.
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented.
- Passionate sports fan and regular user of ESPN products and services, and loves streaming sports.
- Heavy user of streaming services like Netflix, YouTube TV, or other similar products.
- Experience using Omniture, Localytics, Optimizely, or other similar software.
- Experience managing product requirements and release deliverables in JIRA.
- Familiarity with App Store Connect and Google Play app submissions.
- Experience working with large, cross-functional development teams.
- Minimum – High School Diploma
- Preferred – Master’s Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.