Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Production Accountant- TV AnimationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 678431BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jun. 18, 2019
Job Summary:Welcome to Disney TV Animation − where imagination meets innovation! We’re home to producing some of the biggest animated hits on television today for Disney Channel and Disney Junior, including Big City Greens, DuckTales, and Fancy Nancy; and the premiere animation studio for the Disney + streaming service. Whatever the show, our job is always about creating exciting entertainment!
Responsibilities:Disney TV Animation is looking for a senior production accountant that will be responsible for managing and controlling the accounting functions of multiple animated series. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare production budgets for new series and subsequent seasons of existing series for Disney Channel, Disney Junior & the Disney + streaming service.
- Work closely with production executives and line producers to create budget scenarios and forecasting throughout the series.
- Track budget vs. actual costs; prepare Estimated Final Cost worksheets and distribute monthly cost reports to studio leadership. Prepare and track monthly production cashflows for segment reporting.
- Process invoicing for all vendors (ie., animation studios, recording studios, post houses, etc.) including setting up purchase orders if necessary.
- Responsible for approving production crew timecards and working with in-house and third party payroll entities to assist on any issues.
- Approve weekly voice talent payroll edits from third party payroll company.
- Work closely with Business Affairs to ensure production legal requirements and commitments are being met.
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Prior production experience strongly recommended
- SAP background is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, SAP and Movie Magic Budgeting
- Handles confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated; team player
- Bachelor’s degree
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.