Senior Production AccountantApply NowApply Later Job ID 852265BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Sep. 01, 2021
The Disney Branded Television / Freeform Production Finance Department is responsible for the financial management of all of our television series, MOW’s, pilots and specials. We interact with many other Disney Television departments on a daily basis.
- Responsible for processing various prep, and post accounting payments related to various projects.
- Process and manage all development payments including overall deals.
- Ensure payments have appropriate fringe applied.
- Manage payments with third party accounting team, as applicable.
- Produce requested production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
- Ensure payments are correctly recorded in SAP. Ensure discrepancies are resolved.
- Ensure that production cost information is properly reflected on payment recaps and compile proper reporting materials.
- Moderate the completion of various Start forms including the I9.
- Setup the new development projects with corresponding accounting software system.
- Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger.
- Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration.
- Provide WGA weekly worklist.
- Work with Salesforce team to ensure Blast is working properly for development desk duties.
- Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting is required.
- In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
- Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
- Ability to communicate with Studio counterparts and external representation.
- Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
- Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP
- Willing to learn production accounting software programs (PSL3, Movie Magic, and Vista/GV).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.