Senior Production AccountantApply NowApply Later Job ID 956370BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 24, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Responsibilities:Disney TV Animation is looking for a production accountant that will be responsible for managing and controlling the accounting functions of multiple animated series. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare production budgets for new series and subsequent seasons of existing series for Disney Channel, Disney Junior & the Disney + streaming service.
- Work closely with production executives and line producers to create budget scenarios and forecasting throughout the series.
- Track budget vs. actual costs; prepare Estimated Final Cost worksheets and distribute monthly cost reports to studio leadership. Prepare and track monthly production cashflows for segment reporting.
- Process invoicing for all vendors (ie., animation studios, recording studios, post houses, etc.) including all coding.
- Create journal entries to reclass costs.
- Responsible for approving production crew timecards and working with in-house and third party payroll entities to assist on any issues.
- Approve weekly voice talent payroll edits from third party payroll company.
- Work closely with Business Affairs to ensure production legal requirements and commitments are being met.
- 4-5 years of overall accounting/finance experience and at least 2 years in production accounting
- Animation experience a plus
- Familiarity with IATSE 839 & SAG union payroll a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- SAP experience a plus
- Handles confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and good judgment
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated; team player
- Bachelor's degree
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney/ABC Cable Services, which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
Disney/ABC Cable Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.