Senior Production Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 814237BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Jun. 23, 2021
Corporation and Show Set-up
- Builds corporate structure/flow chart for incentive planning and maintains implementation though all stages of production
- Opens bank accounts for specific filming locations, obtaining signatory information and establishing account signers from both studio and freelance team for processing payments via checks and online
- Tracks crew hiring to create assumption agreements for union contracts, working with Labor Relations and payroll companies to ensure signatory status for IA/DGA/SAG are triggered timely
- Initiates invoice payments and ushers studio finance approvals. Monitors bank activity and account balances, placing stop payments when necessary, managing daily positive pay activity, and uploading files for batch payments
- Sets up accounting office both local and abroad, ensuring process and functionality is maintained for various production locations and users
- Works directly with feature film production accounting staff on reviewing approvals for studio on invoices, competitive bids, check requests, and petty cash
- Update and approve templates for show forms, including deal memos, check requests, and competitive bids
- Weekly submits Production funding and currency hedge requests thru wire transfers, reconciling actuals of spot buys and FX hedges in wire log. Works with treasury to establish foreign currency purchase and incentive sells, calculating blended rate for gain/loss to show.
- Initiates and processes payments via SAP, online banking software, and third party accounting system
- Journal studio costs in SAP, identifying and correcting all miscodes on show’s subledger balances
- Sets up show credit facilities and acts as point person for all credit card authorization issues/declines
- Work with freelance accounting crews to provide guidance on production finance policies and procedures
- Tracks and compiles necessary information for production incentive and guild audits
- Tracks and reports talent contracts, submitting pay or play commitments quarterly to controllership
- Runs weekly SAP Production and Funding Numbers, flagging erroneous charges and journaling any miscodes to proper show’s chart of accounts
- Sets up show Y-bill for studio charges and works with cashier to monitor Y-bill payments and tracking outstanding studio Y-bill charges
- Solid accounting or production finance acumen through either work experience or education. Familiarity with Film Production a plus. BA/BS required, preferred in Economics, Accounting, or Finance related major
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). SAP knowledge a plus. Familiarity in production accounting software a plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, make preliminary decisions and change course of action quickly
- Detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and maintain professionalism and service orientation
- Strong organizational and follow-thru skills, keeping manager informed on completed tasks and status of current tasks at hand
- Ability to work with highly confidential material
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Ability to build relationships, both internally and externally, and must be able to interact with all levels of management and be an integral team player
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.