Senior Program Manager, Security Program Administration
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 676730BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 10/06/2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
1. Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
2. Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
3. Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
4. Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
We look add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
Responsibilities:The Information Security Program Administration team enables high team performance and effective delivery of services through ongoing monitoring of commitments, continuous operational and financial improvements, and effective collaboration with all stakeholders.
The Senior Program Manager, Security Program Administration will work closely with GIS leadership to execute all aspects of the Program Office with emphasis on advancing GIS portfolio and financial management processes to drive more efficiency and closer alignment with security risk reduction objectives. He or she will work closely with Finance partners and other stakeholders both internal and external to GIS to monitor, track, analyze, and report the health and performance of the GIS portfolio by:
- Understanding the GIS strategic priorities and maturing the metrics used to demonstrate the program’s progress against those priorities
- Reviewing the portfolio from both a financial management and risk reduction lens to ensure all work meets the stated GIS strategic priorities
- Advancing program reporting to enhance understanding of each project’s risk reduction targets (strategic priorities) and progress towards achieving those targets
- Acting as the primary liaison between finance and GIS budget owners to ensure adherence to all financial processes and goals; managing oversight of the GIS portfolio from a financial management perspective
- Building trusted and effective relationships with project managers to ensure they are equipped to deliver projects on-time on-budget, on-benefit and on-quality; providing training and mentoring as needed, particularly w/re: financial management
- Continuously improving the program administration function by integrating optimal ways of planning, monitoring, and reporting on initiative completion and risk reduction performance; includes re-engineering scorecards and dashboards to better integrate existing reports from other GIS functional areas to provide a better view of program maturity progress
- At least 8 years professional experience
- At least 3 years of finance/accounting experience
- PMO experience with emphasis on information security: At least 2 years managing projects/programs RECENTLY as part of an information security team or similar function
- Thorough understanding of information security risk management principles
- Demonstrated financial experience (budget planning, analysis, reporting)
- Experience training peers in new processes or tools
- Strong communication skills, particularly w/re: ability to integrate portfolio metrics into a high level executive report (program maturity)
- Information security experience
- A high-level of proficiency is required with MS Office (especially Excel), SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Accounting/Finance fundamentals
- Database management
- Data analytics
- Experience presenting to large groups, including senior executives
- International experience – has worked with colleagues or teams in multiple geographic regions; has international ‘cultural literacy
- Experience using tools such as CA PPM Clarity for project portfolio management and SAP
- Experience collaborating and coordinating across teams and geographies in a matrix environment
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- 4-year degree in a related field, such as information systems, business, accounting or appropriate work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.