Senior Project Manager, Program Management – Talent FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 792581BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 04, 2021
The candidate will be responsible for driving execution and delivery of multiple high-profile technical, product or software development projects from start to finish. Successful candidates must be highly proactive, detail-oriented and have the ability to clearly communicate schedules, risks, issues and processes to a variety of business and technical audiences.
- Accountable for driving execution and delivery of multiple high-profile, strategically prioritized technical product or software development projects from start to finish
- Includes responsibilities of a Project Manager at a proficient level plus identifies project risks; analyzes and communicates prioritized mitigation plans to stakeholders; anticipates problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Understands most project domain components, including architecture, tools and deployment practices that development team is employing; can confidently discuss with project team and stakeholders
- Develops and manages a project plan comprised of complex activities and dependencies
- Monitors and adjusts plan to respond to unplanned changes, ensuring progress to meet business goals
- Work with business and technical leads, and other cross-functional teams as needed to prioritize activities and projects
- Oversees the health of the projects; ensure transparency of project progress and issues/risks; proactively drive risk mitigation and contingency planning, along with issue resolution
- Communicates status, updates and project summaries via presentations, e-mail and direct communication with key stakeholders and leadership
- 5+ years of progressively complex related experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the software development lifecycle
- Expertise in Agile project management methods and processes that may include Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile
- Experience in streaming media software, digital technology, finance processes preferred
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet
- Experience in residuals and participations payments a plus
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.