Senior Recruiter, Physical Production CrewApply NowApply Later Job ID 955565BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studios Content Date posted Apr. 06, 2022
Do you love movies? Do you have an interest in working directly with the crews who actually produce the movies? Do you have a knack for networking and building relationships with talent? If so, this might be the right role for you.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior talent professional with a strong reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation, networking, and client/account management. The Senior Recruiter will partner with our Production executives to develop effective sourcing and talent attraction strategies to support the ongoing hiring of heads of department and below-the-line crew in conjunction with year round production schedules. You’ll be responsible for developing an extensive knowledge of the physical production industry and marketplace, building and maintaining relationships and pipelines of top talent in local and national markets, maintaining talent databases, and collecting and documenting accurate production start and wrap dates as well as other key production intel.
In addition to being highly organized and an effective written and verbal communicator and negotiator, a proactive approach with the ability to prioritize and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency will be key to success. Our Recruiters are highly client-focused and collaborative, partnering directly with hiring leaders, panelists, and the HR Business Partner team daily. This is a fast-paced environment where we work hard, have fun, and welcome innovation. If you're passionate about acquiring top talent in the competitive landscape of the film business, we'd love to hear from you!
- Serve as primary talent acquisition support for production crew recruiting, inclusive of heads of department and below-the-line employees
- Develop strategies to source, attract, recruit, pipeline and broker high-quality production talent against defined criteria in support of our physical production leads across all studio labels
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management
- Continually seek and use innovative sourcing channels to convert hard to find passive talent including social media, resume mining, diversity resources, and networking
- Obtain and funnel intel to physical production hiring leads regarding available talent, rate expectations, preferred locations/geo, date of availability, etc
- Ongoing management and mining of talent databases (Array, Crewvie, etc)
- Continuously develop knowledge of company and departmental objectives, industry challenges, and current market dynamics
- Accurately track and report outreach and submittal activity data to support staffing metrics
- 4+ years’ experience of creative and/or agency recruiting experience or equivalent experience in film production
- Demonstrated ability to gather data, intel, and communicate insights to help educate leaders on the talent marketplace and influence diversity
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple searches, projects, and client relationships simultaneously
- Experience working within talent databases, relationship management tools, and Excel spreadsheets
- Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships
- Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Comfortable with networking, cold calling, systematic in approach, strong negotiator, and fast activator
- A track record of demonstrating a strong work ethic, integrity, and personal accountability
- Experience using social media tools for sourcing efforts including but not limited to LinkedIn Recruiter, Twitter, Facebook, blogs etc.
- Proven ability to support/interact with senior-level management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.