Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior RecruiterApply Now Apply Later Job ID 669906BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 04, 2019
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the Senior Recruiter will demonstrate recruiting best practices to support our world-class talent attraction efforts. Integrated with the support of a professional functional recruiting practice, this professional will be directly responsible for the full service recruitment support of several functions ranging from Content Marketing to Ad Sales.
In alignment with our talent acquisition vision, day-day activities will entail talent advising, strategic talent acquisition development, impeccable recruitment execution developing a sourcing strategy, attracting top talent, assessing candidates, and successfully managing the offer process with internal partners. The ideal candidate has a strong ability to provide transparent and clear communication and has an ability to demonstrate agility and a sense of urgency as they work with many partners including business leaders, hiring managers, and HR business partners.
- Project manage day to day recruitment through the development and execution of full life cycle recruitment plans; ensuring the candidate, client, team, and recruiter experiences are met with exceptional service delivery.
- Identifies opportunities for building robust talent pipelining, talent community, and talent brokering strategies; leads and drives creative development and execution
- Designs innovative recruitment strategies aligned to current or forecasted talent for specified roles, multiple needs, and/or opportunistic talent
- Generate qualified candidate pools through passive and active sourcing by developing search strategies and identify names of passive candidates
- Demonstrate ability to attract, influence and convert hard to find passive talent through key attraction and employment opportunities by understanding the Direct-to-Consumer and Walt Disney Company specific landscape, competitive demographics, and employment value proposition.
- Routinely and consistently offers creative solutions based on high level of business acumen and industry knowledge
- Adhere to recruitment ATS and CRM practices and processes by utilizing system for sourcing and tracking of candidates and activity
- Meet established hiring targets, manage client relationships, and interact with hiring managers to discuss specific requirements.
- Drive facilitation of continuous improvement via measurement tools, scorecards, and recruitment analytics.
- Use social media tools and marketing/branding techniques to engage both active and passive candidates.
- Lead cross functional project teams, non-direct reports, through relationship building/influence
- 7+ years of prior recruiting experience preferably in an enterprise corporate recruiting and sourcing environment, with emphasis on difficult to fill disciplines.
- Deeply knowledgeable about the talent market place and is able to advise others on the industry
- Ability to support and influence the client/search with a level of sophistication while exhibiting strategic search capabilities (Data based Storytelling, Talent Maps, Competitive Landscape, Industry Expertise, TA Marketing)
- Diversity recruiting/sourcing experience with demonstrated ability to successfully influence diverse hires
- Seen as an expert by leaders/peers through understanding of business operations, various functions, segments, and business strategies
- Proven success creating original sourcing/recruiting strategies as well as have the ability to effectively communicate sourcing/recruiting plans to all levels of clients within the organization.
- Strategic sourcing capabilities including research techniques
- Demonstrated ability to leverage internal and external partnerships to attract and recruit talent.
- Experience providing excellent service for clients and candidates throughout the recruiting process.
- Executive search experience with expertise working with a low talent supply in a high demand market
- Experience recruiting in Direct To Consumer profiles
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.