Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Sales ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 597276BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 27, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sales Manager!
The Senior Sales Manager will drive value by partnering with the Domestic Sales team to manage and distribute all WDS releases for Disney Live Action and Animation, Lucas, Marvel, and Pixar brands. This role will help lead a high performing sales team that is responsible for the management and execution of film distribution. The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of the theatrical sales and distribution business with the ability to strategize on all deals in order to maximize length of run, gross potential and maintain relationships throughout the theatrical release lifecycle. This position will report to the VP or Director, Sales.
- Collaborate with other Sales and Distribution Executives to devise sales and distribution strategy and execute same for all WDS theatrical releases.
- Manage the sales and distribution of WDS releases in an assigned sales area while supervising assigned subordinate sales team with their sales and distribution responsibilities.
- Manage the sales and distribution of all WDS releases in approximately 200+ locations within multiple DMAs throughout North American.
- Assist the sales team in delivering opening and subsequent week quotas required from the VP of Sales.
- Take ownership of all sales related duties within the assigned sales area. Including but not limited to; setting all release patterns within respective territories, maintain weekly holdovers, enforcing policy, managing all show schedules, flash grosses and box office, accounts receivables, etc.
- Develop and maintain good exhibitor relations throughout the sales territory and beyond.
- Manage In-Theatre marketing initiatives; trailer placement requests, and all in-theatre marketing materials.
- Assist or leading a Circuit Management Team with the creation and implementation of marketing and promotional ideas. Including; Fan Events, Marathons, Double Features and other special programs.
- 5+ years of experience in theatrical motion pictures sales and distribution.
- Experience managing and developing sales function and team.
- Manage and prioritize projects, timelines and deals effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships and to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Able to think strategically, capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives/issues simultaneously
- Proven knowledge on business issues, trends and technological advances in the Entertainment Industry.
- Strong negotiating skills with proven success on sales contracts, film rental deals and audit collection.
- Ability to multi-tasks and work under pressure.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Some In-Theatre marketing experience.
- One year marketing background and/or experience.
- BA/BS or 5 years relative sales experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.