Senior Security Specialist
Burbank, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 770607BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 15, 2020
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
Disney Enterprise Technology is responsible for technology strategy and management, central engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for TWDC. In addition to supporting the digital products of the company, DET also provides back-of-house services for the company, from the network layer on up. This includes providing a comprehensive set of technologies (Workforce Technology) to support the day-to-day productivity and collaboration of the workforce, not just to deliver products and experiences, but also to build a culture of sharing and innovation across business segments, time zones, and countries contributing to a more productive, engaged, and creative workforce.
As an internal Disney service provider, Enterprise Technology is focused on three key priorities:
- Delivering employee-centric business technology tools which empower cast and employee creativity and productivity
- Delivering services to the TWDC-wide technology community which are market competitive and secure, enabling greater productivity and faster business segment results
- Actively collaborating with business leadership in exploiting technology to drive business results.
Workplace Services (WPS) team defines architectural strategy, performs solution engineering, provides end to end service management and Premier Services for products and services within the WE portfolio. As part of these efforts, WE/WPS partners closely with Global Information Security (GIS) to more effectively understand, plan and comply with TWDC Information Security, Compliance, Data Privacy and Data Retention policies. In addition, act as policy lobbyists on behalf of WE/WPS by proactively inserting themselves into policy change proceedings in partnership with GIS and Executive leadership, in order to influence strategic direction and clearly articulate business challenges. WE/WPS work closely with Management Audit to perform annual audits of critical platforms in support of leadership objectives.
- Work closely with WPS org, WE Leadership, GIS, Legal, Management Audit, and product/service owners, application owners to ensure understanding and compliance with Company, Industry, and Regulatory Policies.
- Manage communications with all stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of current policies and compliance requirements
- Partner with the various teams to ensure that the WE portfolio of products and services are maintained in a security-forward stance.
- Raise organizational awareness about upcoming security needs.
- Develop and drive adoption of organizational data governance improvement programs to meet goals and objectives
- Consult on Data Governance and Information Security matters across the WE org
- Continually analyze and evaluate the data governance and security posture of the WE Portfolio of Services and Products
- Identify and establish Key Performance Indicators for the WE Portfolio of Services and Products that demonstrate the value provided by stronger data governance
- Establish metrics to support data governance activities for WE consumption
- Visibility and Communications: Regularly Communicate overall data governance health of the WE to senior org leadership
- Provide regular reporting and updates to the WE organization and Leadership Team to ensure the appropriate levels of buy in and support
- Provide Senior-Level Escalation Management on all Data Governance and Information Security matters, as needed
Basic Qualifications:Work Experience
- 3+ years in Information Technology required; service ownership roles preferred.
- 3+ years in Large Enterprise technology settings required; service ownership roles preferred.
- 2+ years of enterprise systems architecture design, implementation, support
- 2+ years managing information security and compliance standards and practices of enterprise systems.
- 2+ years operating in a managed services delivery, or professional services environment, with a strong focus on value-driven service consumerization.
- 2+ years managing systems global data privacy regulations (EU GDPR, etc), and PCI
- 2+ years experience developing and successfully delivering strategy, along with detailed documentation – roadmaps, journey maps, analysis, product plans, solution evals
- Security (Pentesting, Audits, SOC reports, SSAEs)
- IP Networking (Routers, Firewalls, Multicasting)
- Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS)
- Hosting Providers (AWS, Google Compute, MS Azure)
- Apps and Platforms (O365 / M365, 2FA – Okta, Azure MFA, Citrix, SCCM, Jamf, Active Directory, GSuite)
- Must be organized
- Must thrive in complex and ambiguous environments
- Can lead diverse group, across a matrixed organization
Required EducationBS or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience in Information Technology Security / Cybersecurity
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.