Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10013335 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
This role is as part of the Product Management and Media Technology Team within the DMED Media Engineering organization. Our group is passionate about creatively building best in class solutions to industry and internal needs, while focusing on a culture of inclusion and diversity. We strive to be flexible and adaptable to change, whether in the execution of projects or in the technologies we use to deliver our solutions. Members of this highly collaborative team rely on transparency, trust, and the development of strong team relationships. Success is not measured by individual accomplishments, but by the products delivered as a result of effective partnership.
The Senior Software Engineer plays a critical role on a cross-functional team tasked with creating a career-centered, educational platform that facilitates engagement with DMED’s diversity, equity and inclusion resources throughout employee lifecycle. This is a high impact opportunity to design and build web-based user interfaces for creative storytelling and media creation in data-rich, real-time, multi-platform, and automation friendly cloud-deployed systems.
- Design, create, document, and support mobile responsive web applications, including React UI components and workflows
- Create and deploy back-end data-service integrations and caching (e.g. with Node.js Lambdas, REST APIs, and SQL queries)
- Work with technical partners and business stakeholders to assess needs and create solutions
- Use Amazon Web Services to deploy and manage web applications
- Support what you build (and build robust enough systems that they need little to no support)
- Work with other developers in a shared React UI platform
- Write tests and contribute to standards development and adherence
- Assist in rapid prototyping of design concepts in order to prove and test ideas with end-users
- Have a working knowledge of the organization's business and infrastructure
- Write code that establishes and enhances frameworks and design proof of concepts.
- Provide front-end and back-end engineering knowledge
- Reason logically and creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, and develop effective solutions while applying creative thinking in the design and development of high performing technical solutions
- Work with project managers to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a technical field
- Experience building and deploying mobile responsive web applications
- Expertise working full stack
- Strong engineering best practices & Git source control experience
- Possess broad technical knowledge
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of partners
- User Experience design and requirements gathering
- Knowledge and experience working with AWS
- Knowledge and experience with Python and/or Java
- Experience with content management (CMS) systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training or work experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.