Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Burbank, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 762526BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 19, 2020
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
The Disney Digital Media Agency (DDM) is part of the Enterprise Technology organization. We support The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) segments and business units by building, maintaining, and operating digital media properties by partnering in all phases of development (strategy through launch and operations). By providing a wide range of consulting and delivery services throughout the product lifecycle, we guide business units through the relevant TWDC standards, requirements, and compliance processes, ensuring best practices are followed. Our services include: business strategy/analysis, project management, requirements development, RFP/vendor selection, SOW/contract best practices, software development, creative/user experience, technology consulting, solution architecture/evaluation/selection, hosting evaluation/selection, security best practices, Web analytics, SEO. Once engaged we continue working with the customer for the life of the product.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop/code applications and services for HR Communications, and is an expert of every tool, process, and technology (both proprietary and third party) used by the the Digital Media Agency. They take an active role in liaising with other Project Constituents and contributors, both internal and external, to set and maintain standards and best practices through mentorship, evangelism of standards and best practices, and review and approval of code. The Senior Software Engineer is also responsible for the architecture of software internals, efficient and expeditious debugging, and the contribution of code that meets the most stringent standards and expectations of the role: being performant, secure, accessible, well documented, testable, and sustainable.
- Works closely with solutions architects, project managers, designers, and other Project Constituents to architect, implement, and deliver software solutions according to requirements/specifications.
- Works with Manager, Software Development and Senior Manager, Technology to follow and influence best practices for Software Development within the Digital Media Agency.
- Interfaces between third-party vendors and other service delivery groups within Enterprise Technology.
- Performs peer and vendor code reviews for compliance, security, performance, and best practices.
- Hands-on, full-stack software development using professional, enterprise class software development tools.
- Creates, supports, and maintains build pipelines for the Inside Disney platform, including components, and services.
- Defines and writes automated test scenarios for any enhancements or changes to software.
- Responsible for developing, enacting, and enforcing documentation, coding, process, and performance standards.
- Supports Development Manager with team technical resourcing, such as hiring/on-boarding process as needed.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to other team members on subjects like: tools, pipelines, best practices, proprietary Disney services, and development and QA standards.
- 5+ years team-based development experience
- 5+ years experience in PHP software development
- 3+ years full-stack development experience
- 3+ years experience creating responsive stylesheets
- 1+ years experience with a PHP MVC framework (such as Laravel, Symfony, Cake, Zend, etc.)
- Familiarity with WordPress theme and plugin development.
- Full stack development
- Modern object-oriented PHP (7+)
- CSS / SASS
- WordPress development
- Accessibility (a11y) mindset
- 5+ years consulting for customer-facing digital media properties; setting and managing client expections in a consulting or agency environment.
- 3+ years experience developing WordPress themes and/or plugins from scratch.
- 2+ years experience with Docker
- 2+ years experience with Laravel
- 1+ years experience with CI/CD automation technologies (Jenkins, etc)
- 1+ years experience working with Single Sign On integration (SAML, OAuth, etc)
- Familiarity with shell scripting and/or NodeJS
- Gitlab / Gitlab CI
- Shell scripting
- Task automation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering, or equivalent degree or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.