Senior Sourcing Specialist- Distribution & Market Research ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723281BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 20, 2019
The Studio Sourcing and Strategy team is seeking a creative, passionate, and entertainment-savvy individual to lead and contribute to sourcing initiatives that support Studio Distribution and Market Research teams to ensure we are getting best-in-class quality, reliability, security, and value from our vendors. This is an exciting opportunity to partner with the consumer analytics & insights, CRM, cinema partnerships, sales, and franchise management teams who are responsible for those respective activities for motion pictures released under the Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox, Blue Sky Studios, and Fox Searchlight banners.
In this role, you will be expected to provide key insights on vendors and categories, develop long-term vendor strategies, negotiate agreements, and drive synergies across common Studio vendors and workflows. This position reports to Sr. Manager, Studio Sourcing – Marketing, Distribution & Operations.
- Support sourcing projects through the following:
- Vendor, category, and industry research
- Current and projected spend analysis
- Workflow and process analysis
- Bid and proposed term analysis
- Negotiation strategy development
- Contract negotiation, drafting, and review
- Project management of sourcing-related activities
- Build relationships with stakeholders to facilitate on-going and potential initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships at vendor partners to ensure mutual understanding of strategies and organizational priorities, and ensure value of agreements is realized by both parties
- Maintain a high-level of understanding of on-going trends across the marketplace in order to provide insights about vendor expectations and competition for vendor resources
- Support ad hoc projects across the broader Marketing & Operations teams, as needed
- Minimum 5 years related experience in motion picture distribution, market research, strategic sourcing, and/or supply chain disciplines; entertainment industry experience preferred
- Experience in fact-based negotiations or equivalent contract analysis experience. Should be able to:
- Analyze deal terms and understand operational and financial implications of executing the terms of the arrangement
- Develop negotiation plan to achieve desired business outcome
- Work collaboratively and interactively with Legal and Business Unit stakeholders throughout negotiation process
- Document final agreement with a package of a signed contract and communication plan to stakeholders
- Familiarity with motion picture distribution and market research processes and vendors
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Highly professional and customer-service oriented
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with cast members and third party partners at all levels
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor Degree or relevant experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.