Senior Sourcing Specialist, Studio ProductionApply NowApply Later Job ID 808693BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 03, 2021
S/He will lead efforts to source production services and goods across a range of production departments to benefit the recurrent use by Disney live action productions. The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will work with internal stakeholders (finance and production teams included) across all Disney Banners to identify and develop new initiative opportunities, maintain ongoing supplier relationships, and support actionable strategies. S/He is also expected to have an understanding of and provide insights related to the motion picture production supplier base.
This position reports to Category Manager, Studio Sourcing – Production.
- Build relationships with stakeholders across Disney’s live action banners to facilitate on-going and potential initiatives
- Conduct supplier and industry research
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of vendor and spend analytics and tracking to drive category level sourcing strategies
- Work with stakeholders to understand specific production requirements and cumulating requirements across all TWDS production activity
- Evaluate suppliers based on selection criteria as determined in collaboration with and considering the unique requirements of each production group
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations for effective deal structures, business terms, and rate cards to ensure smooth project execution
- Develop and lead RFI/RFP processes for production services and goods, in accordance with TWDC policy and procedures.
- Prepare and facilitate the execution of contracts and perform subsequent contract/supplier maintenance
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with supplier partners to ensure mutual understanding of strategies and organizational priorities
- Maintain a high-level of understanding of on-going trends across production workflows and vendor landscape in order to provide insights about supplier expectations and competition for supplier resources
- Assist with the tracking, analysis, and strategy of film stage usage needs and contracts
- Assist with the management of UK Disney production service asset finances
- Participate in the development and execution of category strategies
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
- Minimum 3 years related experience in feature film production, finance, operations, strategic sourcing and/or supply chain disciplines
- Familiarity with motion picture production workflow and suppliers
- Experience with fact-based negotiations or equivalent contract analysis. Must be able to:
- Analyze deal terms and understand operational and financial implications of executing the terms of the arrangement
- Develop negotiation plan to achieve desired business outcome
- Work collaboratively and interactively with Legal and Business Unit stakeholders throughout negotiation process
- Document final agreement with a package of a signed contract and communication plan to stakeholders
- Strong analytical/project skills, capable of leading and managing an array of initiatives from project initiation through completion
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with cast members and third party partners at all levels
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Experience in a Media and Entertainment Industry
- Experience in a Production/Post Production environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to handle standalone project with minimum supervision
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.