Senior Sourcing SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10008319 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Senior Sourcing Specialist, Enterprise Sourcing
At Disney, we‘re storytellers, we make the impossible, possible. We do this through unmatched creativity and use of cutting-edge technology to bring stories to life through our movies, licensed products, interactive games, theme parks and resorts, and television networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Marketing Sourcing Team collaborates with Marketing professionals across the Walt Disney Company to maximize the value of our media investments by assessing opportunities, staying abreast of industry trends, creatively crafting deals that deliver value across the enterprise, and improving the way we do business with our partners. The focus of this role is to work with marketing stakeholders from each segment to make smart sourcing decisions in selecting agencies, technologies & other service providers to maximize the value in marketing investments and to mitigate risks through smart contract negotiations.
- Establish and manage AOP’s with each TWDC Segment with focus on sub-category plans, communication, spend influence, and value generation/savings/ROI; this will require bringing senior executives together from different segments to develop common interests and strategies
- Lead large marketing projects/RFP’s/Pitches from source to contract
- Contribute to the annual operating plans (AOP) for the Marketing and Creative services team and deliver against the targets set jointly by ES and the business segments
- Ensure consistent application of procurement processes across constituent groups
- Facilitate, monitor, and report performance measures that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance
- Build and maintain relationships with key Segment/Functional executives to ensure full understanding and support for sourcing & procurement initiatives
- Track and report savings, spending compliance and variances and communicate results with the Director, Enterprise Sourcing and selected stakeholders
- Perform supplier performance reviews and supplier compliance audits in conjunction with the business as appropriate
- Build/establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis focusing on the total cost of ownership
- Prepare for and execute clear, structured negotiations
- Drive internal skill/capability development to broaden and build staff skill sets
- 3+ years of strategic sourcing experience
- Build strong working relationships
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity and emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to analyze a situation, and develop coherent insights and strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
- Strong PC skills ( Excel, Access, Power Point and Word)
- Experience working in a marketing function or media agency supporting complex clients
- Media industry (traditional TV/Outdoor Media, social media, digital marketing, etc.) background is a plus
- Marketing Sourcing background is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.