Senior Storytelling Designer, Next Generation StorytellingApply NowApply Later Job ID 10013966 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. Within DMED, the Technology Team creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
As TWDC continues to accelerate their Next Generation Storytelling strategy and execute on their vision, we’re excited to add a Senior Storytelling Designer to our team to support this critical body of work. The Technology Strategy & Innovation team serves as a strategy, storytelling, and innovation catalyst and will partner closely with the NGS team to propel this critical body of work forward. The team leverages design to align stakeholders, accelerate key priorities and deliver consistent high-quality experiences to fans, users, viewers, and colleagues around the world. As part of this mission, we partner on the storytelling and design needs of our executive leadership, stakeholders and innovators across TWDC; we lead cross-functional projects to drive innovation and global impact; and we serve as a conduit to all design functions globally to bring Disney-Only-Can to everyone everywhere.
We translate complex technologies, products and organizational opportunities into strategic presentations, videos, experiences and products. We are a multi-disciplinary storytelling design team where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across many technology and design groups and specialties to drive projects forward and impact innovative products that people love to use. And Senior Designers at Disney are a creative problem solver who looks to collaborate inclusively throughout your design process and evolve the way Disney operates. We expect a Senior Designer to work on multiple projects, both from the ground up and optimizing existing solutions, with in-depth knowledge about the latest design trends and technologies.
• You apply your intuition and creativity to build compelling visual stories and assets around strategic priorities
• You will develop presentations, branding and a visual language for projects, systems, workflows, events and products
• You will be a point of contact to coordinate requirements and timeline with stakeholders
• You will handle ambiguity as an opportunity to proactively develop opportunities and solutions
• You will design iconography and manage icon libraries
• You will collaborate with other teams in designing assets
• You will be responsible for presenting design work to partners and stakeholders
• Your design work sets an example for other designers to follow
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Design or related experience
• Bachelor's Degree required
• You have experience creating pitch and strategy presentations
• You can tell impactful visual stories with data and simplify processes
• You have excellent communication and presentation skills
• You have an expert understanding of design principles and best practices
• You can communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively
• You have a good understanding of corporate strategy
• You have the ability to design within brand guides and contribute to design language
• You are hungry for innovation, eager to challenge the status quo
• You have a strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills
• You have a strong work ethic, are reliable, adaptable, and work well with others
• You are highly detail oriented and have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and adjust quickly to shifting priorities and ambiguity
• You are able to maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents to include but not limited to data, conversations, information, etc
• You have the ability to be self-reliant, self-motivated and resourceful to lead processes that may not be clearly defined and are constantly evolving with an action-oriented mindset
• You have expert knowledge of design and storytelling tools such as Figma, Keynote, Powerpoint, Sketch and Adobe Illustrator
• Experience with motion, UX, illustration and the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
• MBA or technical degree preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.