Senior Systems Reliability Engineer (Project Hire)
Seattle, WA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 769268BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 01, 2020
Job Summary:Do you want to be part of a team that creates magic for millions of guests across all of the Disney brands? Behind the scenes, the Enterprise Technology team helps deliver magical digital & physical experiences leveraging the latest technology; and our systems reliability engineers provide expert engineering services in the cloud, automation, and reliability engineering to support the innovation and operation of The Walt Disney Company. We are passionate about ensuring our systems provide the best guest experience!
To be successful in this role, you will protect, operate, and continuously improve the automation and systems that run Disney's experiences, products, & services with a focus on availability, latency, automation, & cross-company collaboration while embracing a DevOps culture.
Teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, Orlando, Bristol and New York.
- Deploy and manage innovative modern cloud technologies using infrastructure-as-code, self-healing, security automation patterns
- Develop useful telemetry, alerts, and response to identify and address reliability risks
- Participate in on-call rotation with other engineering teams
- Collaborate and provide technical excellence within and across teams
- Creative and innovative outside the box thinking
- Proficient, collaborative, & experienced in building reliable, scalable, enterprise systems
- Passionate and curious about ways to leverage technology while continually learning
- Ability to identify root-cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems
- Efficiently skilled with the use of containers in enterprise production environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, LXC, AWS ECS and EKS)
- Configuration management and orchestration (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible)
- One or more languages in your skillset (e.g. Python, Java, Ruby)
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS/SaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Compute)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g.Gitlab, AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Azure DevOps)
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
- 5 years of experience in technical operations, systems engineering, or related discipline
Required EducationBachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.