Senior Systems Reliability EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 628736BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 15, 2019
Job Summary:From movie concept to film production. Global premiere to direct to consumer mobile applications. You will innovate and deliver solutions that support a studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations.
We’re looking for passionate engineers who love Linux & contributing to opensource projects, intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure, and are more comfortable in the shell as they are in an IDE. Lean, agile, self-sufficient teams is how we operate. We value a cloud first approach where we develop infrastructure-as-code. Automation should always do the work. You will be apart of the team that provides the cutting edge cloud, systems, and infrastructure-as-code for every Disney Studios engineering team.
- Define, create, architect and build high-quality systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional teams
- Identify & evangelize new technologies, patterns, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber engineers
- Self healing infrastructure-as-code, and automate everything
- Security is embedded in our DNA
- Smart, self-driven with a keen focus on and track record of exceptional delivery of innovative solutions
- Strong knowledge in system management languages (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Ansible)
- Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, GO, PERL, or Swift)
- Emerging containerization (e.g. Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Compute)
- Thorough knowledge of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
- Passionate about ways to exploit technology and constantly learning
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Embodies a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering culture with continuous delivery, cloud, and fully automated infrastructure as code
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.