Senior Technical Project Manager- Studio Production Build
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 917472BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studios Content Date posted Apr. 25, 2022
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Studios is a leader in the industry that brings memorable, life-changing stories to the world through Disney Motion Picture Productions, Marvel Studios, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight Pictures, and Lucasfilm. The incredible movies, shows, and characters that have come to life on the big screen and in our homes are thoroughly embedded in minds and cultures all across the globe. From the Marvel Cinematic Universe, reinvented live action classics, multi-film franchises, and Oscar winning films, the aforementioned studios have redefined the movie and series making by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At The Walt Disney Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds, and stories.
Program Management & Enabling Technologies team, you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists supporting world class productions, developing the next generation of production technology, as well as solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
We’re looking for a senior project manager to oversee the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a variety of construction, renovation, and refresh technology projects across the studio lots. You’ll play the critical role of managing the integration of technology across Studio Real Estate’s portfolio. You’ll report to the Senior Manager of Program Management & Enabling Tech.
- Serve as the project manager that will lead the Studio Technology workstream for Corporate Real Estate construction and renovation projects, manage technology refreshes for spaces across the studio lots, and work with the engineering teams to manage the end to end process from coordinating design, managing procurement, scheduling integration/installation tasks, to move in and approvals
- Responsible as the key point of contact for stakeholders across Studio Operation, Real Estate, Architects, General Contractors, and the Studio Technology departments to intake requests, provide updates, assess priority, and track schedules
- Lead large scale complex projects that span across internal and external departments and at times with vendors
- Ensure clear reporting of project status from project teams including timelines, milestone tracking, budget status and issue identification to program management and stakeholders
- Prioritize and escalate critical operational tasks, execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Maintain KPI dashboards related to program metrics via MS Power BI
- Apply analytical and critical thinking to identify team inefficiencies and risk areas, and implement projects or processes to improve operations
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Technical Project Management, utilizing waterfall and agile methodology
- 5+ years’ experience managing construction/build projects with general contractors, architects, safety, operations teams
- 5+ years’ experience managing and developing teams to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and organizing work effectively
- Strong experience in managing technical operations teams (i.e., audio visual engineers, sound/projection engineers, union teams)
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills and effective team player
- Extensive experience with project management tools such as Smartsheet
- Experience in equipment procurement processes and tools
- Ability to develop and present business cases via PowerPoint or Keynote
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create workflow drawings and process maps utilizing Lucidchart
- Previous experience working in a studio environment (i.e., familiar with build outs of edit rooms, review rooms, theater spaces)
- Experienced with Business Intelligence tools such as MS Power BI
- PMP certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering, or related technical discipline
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.