Senior Vice President - Post ProductionApply NowApply Later Job ID 765400BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Sep. 04, 2020
- Oversee Post-Production department for ABC Signature, which produces TV 35-50 projects per year for internal buyers such as ABC Entertainment, Disney+, and Hulu, as well as external networks and streamers.
- Provide direction and oversight to team members who determine post production requirements for each project in terms of visual effects, sound, picture, staffing and overall approach to each project.
- Lead Post-Production executives in developing and monitoring post production budgets and schedules, and preparing various scenarios for how to approach the work on each project.
- Act as point of escalation for team members when there are potential financial, creative or deadline problems for their projects.
- Build and maintain relationships with producers, directors and production companies to ensure a steady flow of communication and timely turnaround of deliverables.
- Represent ABC Signature and Post-Production function in internal meetings and taskforces across Disney Television Studios.
- Stay on top of industry technological advances and lead technological innovation across the studio
- Work closely with Direct reports on their personal development and create training protocols to help promote and train junior members of the team
- Keep finger on the pulse of current industry standards and maintain solid relationships within the Post and VFX community/vendors
- Create programs to recruit and maintain engagement of the best of the best post/vfx staff for ABCS shows
- Collaborate with other WDT departments such as Production, Creative, Finance, Legal, Business Affairs, and Labor Relations.
- 15-20 years of production or post production experience , with deep knowledge of post-production
- Experience working as a post producer on high-end shows and films AND experience working as an executive over seeing multiple projects from a studio perspective
- A proven leader in setting direction and achieving objectives in relation to management of Post Production process
- Visual effects experience or post vendor experience will also be considered either exclusively or in tandem with one of the above
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to resolve conflict and bring teams to consensus to achieve shared goals
Additional Information:ABC Signature, formerly known as ABC Studios, is one of the industry's leading suppliers of high quality primetime, cable and streaming television programming and entertainment content, including GREY’S ANATOMY, BLACK-ISH, and LITTLE FIRES EVERYWHERE.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.