Show Pipeline TD, l
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 975815BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May. 08, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Job Summary:Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
As part of the Marvel Studios Technology team, you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists supporting these world class productions, developing the next generation of production pipeline technology, as well as solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
We’re looking for a unique individual who is an experienced pipeline technical director, but is looking to play a more active role managing a cross functional engineering team to rapidly provide best in class solutions to our shows. You’ll report into the Production, but will be accountable to, and work hand in hand with the Marvel Studios Production Technology organization. During pre-production and production, you may travel to the location to help facilitate the set up and organization of the dailies and lab pipeline, and also to ensure that the visual effects team is set up with the tools and workflows they need during principal photography. During post-production, you will work on a day to day basis with the vfx, editorial, stereo, and post production teams, and you may be assigned a production job that will give you an insider's view into the pressing issues.
- Write show-specific pipeline tools and, in collaboration with the Marvel Studios Production Technology core development team, further develop solutions for use across Marvel Studios
- Work in collaboration with appropriate Supervisors, end users and the Marvel Studios Technology team to determine needs and the best solutions
- Document and distill end-user and show requirements
- Provide front-line technical support and functionally manage a cross-functional technology team comprised of systems, network, storage and help desk personnel.
- Conduct ongoing research and recommend improvements to workflows in order to improve productivity and/or communication
- Support the adoption of developed tools and systems show to show
- Help set and support established Marvel Studios standards and practices that will optimize the film making process to make best use of our unique pipeline.
- Visual effects production experience and/or studio facility experience as a Pipeline TD or Production TD.
- Excellent Python, Shell, and other scripting skills
- In-depth experience supporting OS X, Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Experience developing for 2D and 3D applications such as Nuke and Maya
- A high level of understanding of image processing workflows
- A good understanding of the entire visual effects process
- A general understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to work with non-technical artists and executive stakeholders
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- The ability to analyze and prioritize production needs and tasks
- Detail orientated with a strong ability to multi-task
- Previous experience on a development or pipeline team in the role of analyst, developer, or product owner preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in CS or Engineering, or related technical discipline or experience.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.