Show Pipeline Technical DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 579035BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Jul. 30, 2018
Marvel is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
As part of the Marvel Studios Technology team, you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists supporting these world class productions, developing the next generation of production pipeline technology, as well as solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
We’re looking for a unique individual who is an experienced pipeline technical director, but is looking to play a more active role across the functional engineering team to rapidly provide best in class solutions to our shows. You’ll report into the Production, but will be accountable to, and work hand in hand with the Marvel Studios Production Technology organization. During pre-production and production, you will travel to the location to help facilitate the set up and organization of the dailies and lab pipeline, and also to ensure that the visual effects team is setting up their show appropriately. During post-production, you will work on a day to day basis with the vfx, stereo and post production teams, and you may be assigned a production job that will give you an insider's view into the pressing issues.
- Write show-specific pipeline tools and, in collaboration with the Marvel Production Technology core development team, further develop solutions for use across Marvel shows
- Review room driver – driving the review room PC and software.
- Work in collaboration with appropriate Supervisors, end users and the Marvel Technology team to determine needs and the best solutions
- Document end-user and show requirements
- Provide front-line technical support and functionally manage a cross-functional technology team comprised of systems, network, storage and help desk personnel.
- Conduct ongoing research and recommend improvements to workflows in order to improve productivity and/or communication
- Support the adoption of developed tools and systems show to show
- Help set and support established Marvel standards and practices that will optimize the film making process to make best use of Marvel’s unique pipeline.
- Visual effects production experience or facility experience as a Pipeline TD or Production TD.
- Excellent Python, Maya and Linux skills
- Experience developing for a 3D application such as Maya
- Experience developing for other applications such as Nuke
- A good understanding of the entire visual effects process
- A general understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work with non-technical artists and executive stakeholders
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- The ability to analyze and prioritize production needs and tasks
- Detail orientated with a strong ability to multi-task
- 5 + years of previous experience on a development team in the role of pipeline TD preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in CS or Engineering, or related technical discipline or experience
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios, Pay Services, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios, Pay Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.