Site Reliability Engineer II
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 775107BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 25, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life, and create industry-shaping approaches.
The Site Reliability Engineer is an experienced technologist that has a solid knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure environments. Working alongside development and operations teams, this role provides guidance on designing and producing code that will result in reliable, efficient, and scalable solutions. The Site Reliability Engineer will also troubleshoot operational issues within the application portfolio and design automated fixes to prevent similar problems from occurring.
The Site Reliability Engineer will dig into new technologies running across thousands of servers and deliver centralized, standard infrastructure with improved availability and reduced operating costs. This individual works with infrastructure at a massive scale producing simple, scalable, meticulously engineered infrastructure that continuously improves. Automation is at the core of everything this role does!
- Design, develop, and deliver the necessary engineering solutions to manage AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud environments to minimize failed customer interactions
- Proactively monitor, measure, and identify areas of improvement in all areas of infrastructure and operations
- Increase efficiencies through automation, service delivery, and process improvements
- Design and develop systems and processes that enable highly available & scalable systems
- Achieve breakthroughs in systems throughput by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks
- Perform quantitative analysis to understand and scale systems and manage the cross-functional effort to resolve scalability issues
- Produce and advocate for preventative, upstream solutions with internal stakeholders and external vendors and dependencies
- All other duties as assigned by Leadership
- Previous experience directly managing cloud infrastructure in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Previous experience in programming in Python a plus
- Passionate about solving complex infrastructure challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline
- Advanced Degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.